News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Question about unistalling.txt

Started by xdarkgeox, April 24, 2020, 05:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdarkgeox

Every time I use unistall.txt for my plugin it doesn't seem to clear the current images on the plugin for redownload when a new update rolls out. Is it not supposed to clear out images or is it is used for something else?

CrazyChucky

I'm not sure, I haven't tested it for images, though it's worked for me for text files.. Did you make sure to update the listed date?

One possible complication is that there's no way to specify multiple uninstalls, with multiple dates, which makes it a poor system for removing old files in general. It will only ever remove the files for a user whose last date of update was older than the uninstall.txt listed date. (Once you make one, you can never make a new one without erasing the old one; including the old one's list of files in the new one will do nothing for anyone who hasn't updated between those two dates.)

If you replace your image files often, you might consider checksumming them, but of course that does have the issue that it wouldn't allow Lackey's usual system of downloading images on the fly.

xdarkgeox

ill try those suggestions thanks chucky