Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering Plugin Updates  (Read 14146 times)

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
Re: Magic: The Gathering Plugin Updates
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2021, 12:57:20 pm »
3/6/21

Time Spiral Remastered (and Zendikar Rising Expeditions) are added.

P.S. This update introduced a bug that could cause draft packs to include basic lands in common slots. I've fixed it, and forward-dated the update to tomorrow (3/7) to make sure Lackey updates even if you download the update earlier today.

@dragostea: I haven't added Commander Legends packs yet because the pack structure is quite complex, and I haven't been able to find thorough information about what all you can get in which slots, in what probabilities. Every time Wizards makes a set with custom-collated packs, it's an exciting new headache for me to simulate. I intend to add it when I can do so at least reasonably accurately.

Unfortunately the 1-10 selector is a part of Lackey that isn't configurable by plugin settings.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 06:49:55 pm by CrazyChucky »

turtlelemon

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2021, 04:41:54 pm »
I have three things.

1. A bunch of Secret Lair images are getting errors. The only one not 'temp' tho is 142, which I believe is Thraximundar.

2. Do you think you'll add Lord of the Rings and all this other foolishness? I was really happy when you didn't add the Walking Dead cards, but if it's gonna be a whole thing now... I mean what if there's a real cool random equipment or something. Idk.

3. OK, so the amount of work this would take me, I would never do it, but you know all sorts of shortcuts and stuff, so I'm just going to propose it. What if you added a set called lands or 1lands or something and added all the extra lands arts like Plains (Beta B), Swamp (Legions C), Mountain (War D), etc. Now, like I said, if you have to add the lands one by one by one, that would be quite a lot, but if its easy, I mean, all the land arts are sooooooooooo pretty.

And, of course, thanks for all the awesome work you do!  :) :) :)

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2021, 06:39:11 pm »
1. Missing Secret Lair images
Thanks for the catch! Images should be uploaded now.

2. Adding Universes Beyond
I imagine I will (and I'll probably go back and add the Walking Dead cards too). It was one thing when it was a one-off gimmick, but apparently it's a whole deal now.

3. Multiple land art per set
I have thought about doing something similar, but... it really would be a logistical clusterfuck to shoehorn all that into a program that doesn't natively support such a thing.

turtlelemon

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2021, 08:38:26 pm »
Ok, so, A, I guess some kind of certificate for this website needs to be renewed? Idk if you can see even this (Firefox wouldn't let me even open the site, but Chrome does.), but if you are in contact with whoever can do that.

But more importantly, another issue. Ok so I know you like adding columns and more information and functionality. But. The search area on the left goes down in order of the columns, a fact you probably can't change. Because you've added enough columns, there's only room for one Text search. At least on my laptop screen, which isn't, like, tiny, the last option is the second Sound. And there are circumstances where it's really nice to be able to search for two different things on a card. So it would be really nice if you could move things like Draft Qualities, Script, Sound, maybe one of the Sets, to after Text. If there are people who like reading the text in the box instead of reading the card, they can still enlarge the column even if its not the last one.

Also, I'm not sure I ever used the feature, but didn't you make it possible at some point to move a stack of cards from the Game area back to the Deck Editor somehow? Or did I make that up in my memory somehow? If it ever was possible, I can't seem to find it anymore.

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2021, 08:59:34 pm »
Hey, the website certificate's working again! I've updated the plugin a couple of times in the meantime, but here I am back with my first forum-announced update in a while.

7/10/21

Errata
The most notable errata is the Phyrexian creature type to a whole bunch of cards, and to the tokens a bunch of cards make. (There are some odd exceptions, like Consecrated Sphinx and the Beast tokens made by Fresh Meat. Maybe they'll catch those later?) The only such token that's actually been printed as a Phyrexian so far is the Germ, so the rest have custom Lackey tokens for the time being. I'd post an example, but including images in posts doesn't seem to be working.

Added sets
The entire Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set is added (except for the tokens that haven't been shown yet), as well as the partial spoiler of Forgotten Realms Commander. These also means I've added standardized scripts for dice-rolling and dungeon-venturing.

Modern Horizons 2 now has its tokens!

There are various new Secret Lair cards, and now that Universes Beyond is going to be a thing, I figured it makes sense to finally add the Walking Dead cards.

Image Updates
Time Spiral Remastered is now all pretty and hi-res.

turtlelemon:
I'm kind of jealous that column-resizing works for you. It's really finicky and difficult to do on my computer; maybe it's an issue with the Mac build. I will consider options.

There are chat commands for /copyzonetodeckeditor and /copyzonetocardpool, each of which pulls from the currently active zone in the tabbed view. I added the first as one of the default chat command buttons for the Magic plugin, but it seems that Lackey likes to periodically reset my chat commands to the Lackey defaults, so it may have done that to you too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 09:30:11 pm by CrazyChucky »

turtlelemon

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2021, 12:33:44 am »
Yay forum fix!

Error Downloading Image for probably every Strixhaven card. I think you took out the temp from the filenames without switching away from the temp images.

Also errors for ogw184a (Wastes), 1cmr temp 547, temp 580 and temp 602, which are Akroma, Ich Teckik, and Juri. And the cmr tokens 15 and 17-22.

So I won't say resizing a column is the easiest thing ever, but especially if I keep the cursor on the title row, it's doable. But I've since realized that if after an update, we copy everything into a spreadsheet, delete say DraftQualities, then paste it back, then there will be two text searches again as long as we did it for every set text file.

The command for move to deck editor worked! Thanks!

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2021, 02:34:17 pm »
Thank you for catching things!

Turns out I made a double mistake. Not only did I not re-download the Strixhaven images, I was also mistaken in thinking the set was all hi-res already; some of it isn't yet. I just set it back to temp images.

Not sure why the CMR and Wastes images were missing, but they should be fixed now.

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:50 am »
7/24/21

Adventures in the Forgotten Realms now has all its tokens, and should spawn them correctly. Forgotten Realms Commander similarly has its tokens and reprints.

Also added a handful of new Secret Lair cards, as usual.

And last but not least, I discovered that the Graveborn tokens created by Balduvian Dead and Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper have an illustration by Jeff Miracola that was only ever used for MTGO. It's now used in the corresponding custom Lackey token.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 04:17:47 pm by CrazyChucky »

stupidwalrus

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2021, 08:53:45 am »
My friends and I have been running in-house drafts using your plugin for about a year now (in combination with other draft simulation websites)
I always come here and refresh the page as soon as each new set is revealed, anticipating each of your releases
Thank you so much for keeping this plugin up to date so long!

:) :) :)

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2021, 11:52:54 pm »
Glad you're enjoying it, stupidwalrus! Always nice to know people are getting use out of it.

9/13/21

New sets:
  • Innistrad: Midnight Hunt
    • Note: I have not yet set up the custom pack collation for drafting, so the distribution of double-faced cards will not be entirely accurate.
  • Midnight Hunt Commander
  • Commander Collection: Black
  • New Secret Lair Drop cards, as usual
Sets with newly high-res images:
  • Strixhaven (including Mystical Archive)
  • Commander 21
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms
  • Modern Horizons 2 (including old-bordered MH1 and MH2 cards)
Formats:
  • Applied Standard rotation a few days early. These sets rotate out:
    • Throne of Eldraine
    • Theros: Beyond Death
    • Ikoria: Land of Behemoths
    • Core Set 2021
  • Added Strixhaven to Standard, which apparently I missed earlier.

turtlelemon

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2021, 10:19:27 am »
Thanks for updating!

Error Downloading Image for all the C21 tokens, AFC tokens 5 and 12, and a bunch of Secret Lair, including 118 temp238 and temp585

Also, almost everything in 1cmr is still temp, I don't if you forgot about them, if they just aren't a priority, if Scryfall is being weird, or what. The images look fine to me, so they might just be misnamed.

turtlelemon

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2021, 10:23:50 am »
Actually, all the MH2 cards are temp as well, and you put the set in the high res image category, so idk.

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2021, 08:37:14 pm »
Wow, I guess this is what happens when I stay up late to finish an update instead of being sensible and just doing it the next day. Thanks for catching things. I believe I have now uploaded all the missing images, and corrected MH2 to use its high-res images. I've forward-dated the update to tomorrow (September 14th) so Lackey should still auto-update.

Scryfall's scans of the Commander Legends double-foils look strange and grainy, at least to me. I'm holding out hope that at some point they figure out a better way to deal with the foiling process.

nightrapture

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2021, 02:39:28 am »
Hi! I'm using this plugin a lot, it's very nice!

I've noticed, after the Midnight Hunt update, that there are some missing cards, from commander decks specifically. I tried to load the "Coven Counters" decklist and I've found it loads 85 of 100 cards. I guess all new cards in this deck are missing in the last update. Ex. "Kyler, Sigardian Emissary" or "Ruinous Intrusion".

It's a scryfall problem or an update problem maybe?

Thanks in advance, I can't wait to play the new deck in Lackey!  ;) :D

CrazyChucky

• MTG Plugin Maintainer
    • View Profile
    • MTG Plugin Changelog
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2021, 01:47:32 pm »
Ah, yes it looks like I updated from the database just before Scryfall added the reprints.

10/2/21

• Midnight Hunt Commander: added reprints and tokens
  • Midnight Hunt: added tokens
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Commander: hi-res images