News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help with summoning mechanic

Started by Typherion, June 10, 2011, 11:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

The rps system is a decent idea. If you include a anti-warrior beast, then it will be good. The idea of colors is good. (it's basic, so..) What themes do white/black have?

Typherion

I'm trying to design themed starter decks for each colour so I can start playtesting.

The white deck's working name is Eternal Light and uses spirits.
Level I creatures: a cycle of valkyries and spirits of the sun, moon and stars.
Level II creatures: a cycle of angels.
Level III creatures: three unique archangels.

Mechanics will include buffing friendly creatures and resurrection.

If I ever get to commission art, archangels will always have 4 wings. If Level IV creatures ever get made, white will get a seraph with 6 wings.

For comparison, the white warrior deck will likely focus on a group of battle judges (like those badass guys in Final Fantasy 12).

In this game, white is still about order and duty and justice, but its not about healing or love or mercy.

cap.tiny

once ya finish the decks a plug in would be awesome to play test with each other

Typherion

Ok I think I've improved the idea I was working on earlier. The maths works out pretty much the same as before but the numbers are more elegant and makes for better flavour.

You generate 1 Essence (you choose which colour) at the start of each turn. You can summon once each turn.
Level I Summon      = -0 Essence.
Level II High Summon   = -2 Essence
Level III Grand Summon   = -3 Essence.

The only functional change is that you can generate Essence without using Level I creatures. But players will have to save Essence anyway so they will want to summon Level I creatures while saving up for bigger ones.
This mechanic also means that you will never have a useless card for more than 2 turns until you can use it. It's like using mana but without the risk of mana flood or mana screw! I'm pretty happy with this now ;D

cap.tiny