News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Villains

Started by Tokimo, December 15, 2009, 12:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokimo

Same deck. Just X cards from the top.

I actually really struggled with this mechanic. I didn't want to support villains from your main hand, I didn't want two decks, and I didn't want to leave them unsupported. I kept dithering between the three until I stumbled upon this.

aardvark

Well, just my opinion, but it seems like a good compromise. Doesn't seem to be clunky. So, I take it to mean that the spells and whatnot are usable by both hero n' villain. *nodnod* Lookin' good, bub.

Tokimo

There will be spells that will be villain only (discard target ally) and spells that will be hero only (exhaust all cards in play). Some spells will be common (fizzle target magic). The common spells might have only one version (which either Hero and Villains can use) or they might have two versions so you need to choose which to put in your deck.

aardvark

So then if you draw a hero card in your villain hand (or vice versa) does that mean the card gets discarded or shuffled back into the draw deck?

Tokimo

To the discard pile. The discard pile shuffles back into the deck when the deck empties (because you can run out of deck in 5-10 turns).

A villain can still 'use' the Hero only cards as generic card discards (and likewise the heros can use villain cards as face down generic energy cards).

Monox D. I-Fly

Power Rangers Action Card Game has Villain Cards, and they can't be put in the same deck as the Heroes, making the decks less variable because once your opponent sees you play a Villain they immediately knows that there is no Ranger card in your deck.