News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Anybody know whats up

Started by Bob the Builder, May 20, 2011, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob the Builder

According to about at least 20 people they cant get into this website, and the same amount cant get in to the server, Anybody know whats going on, i can get in here, but after updating Lackey, i still cant get into the server

AdLit

Both the site and server are working for me now

Trevor

Once a year I renew the domain name lackeyccg.com. When this happens, it can cause the website to not be viewable for up to 24 hours. Everything should be all working now. This issue had nothing to do with Lackey or anything else.

Vulfie

My boyfriend, Knighthawk, still hasn't been able to get into either the website nor the server on actual lackey since about this date, even with updating. I'm posting on his behalf since he gets an error message even trying to get here, much less to redownload and install the program or anything. It doesn't matter how he tries to get here, either internet explorer or firefox, but it keeps saying the website is down. Any ideas what he can do about it?

Trevor

Quote from: Vulfie on June 06, 2011, 02:29:30 AM
My boyfriend, Knighthawk, still hasn't been able to get into either the website nor the server on actual lackey since about this date, even with updating. I'm posting on his behalf since he gets an error message even trying to get here, much less to redownload and install the program or anything. It doesn't matter how he tries to get here, either internet explorer or firefox, but it keeps saying the website is down. Any ideas what he can do about it?
The issue this post was referring to was completely corrected a while ago.

Is Knighthawk on a college campus (or similar closed network) that may be restricted what sites he visits? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause the issue, if he has indeed cleared his internet cache. As you can see, the website is up and functioning, and that includes the downloads page. Maybe he can connect to the lackey server if he connects by IP. In the section that says "Connect to a server by IP address" he can try entering 173.52.210.172 with port 25711. Even if he can't access the website for some reason, that should still allow him to connect to the server.

AdLit

A key point in trevor's post is to make sure he clears the internet cache.  Sometimes a cached down page will prevent you from getting where you need to go.

Vulfie

I posted it with this because that was the date from which I think he could no longer get on. I had been searching for anything that would help him out to get it up and running again, since I've had no issues whatsoever.

The very first thing I did was walk him through how to clear the cache, since I know thats the usual culprit. Unfortunately, it did nothing. I'll let him know about connecting via IP. I don't think that anything would be blocking his connection, unless Verizon decided they didn't want anyone playing lackey over their wireless cards. We shall see what happens.