News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New idea for player feedback

Started by Trevor, March 31, 2011, 05:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdLit

Along the lines of player feedback, I think it would be good to have a "Match Stats" section.  It can show the number of games a player has played for that type of plugin, as well as state if the player is Novice, Intermediate, or Expert (which I suppose would have to be based upon their own admission).  Perhaps that would allow people to find matches not only with fair players, but with people who are matched for skill.

Just a thought.

-A

d3vtr0n

Quote from: AdLit on April 14, 2011, 05:28:17 PM
Along the lines of player feedback, I think it would be good to have a "Match Stats" section.  It can show the number of games a player has played for that type of plugin, as well as state if the player is Novice, Intermediate, or Expert (which I suppose would have to be based upon their own admission).  Perhaps that would allow people to find matches not only with fair players, but with people who are matched for skill.

Just a thought.

-A

the only problem i would see with that is there may be good players, but it seems that a lot of people(at least the people who play extended) use a certain deck. although that particular deck is good, so theyd say theyre an expert, it sucks to play against because its pretty much broke.
so the whole novice, intermediate, expert thing wouldnt be that good of a way to judge on if the match would be a fair match.

i like a good challenging match, but i like them against people who can actually build good decks.

Trevor

Quote from: AdLit on April 14, 2011, 05:28:17 PM

Just a thought.

-A
I don't know about that. I think maybe the notes section would be the simplest way to handle that, for those people who wanted to add that sort of comment.

papi

any updates on when the premium version will be released and what it will contain? i for one am excited by it

Saethori

A possible idea on the feedback system...

Of course, any real feedback system would keep information on who gives feedback on whom, and store it server-side. Like, if I gave Trevor a Thumbs-up/+Rating mark, then the server would record that this particular point came from me, but the information given to clients would only reveal the total sum. Mainly for the server to recognize that a user already gave feedback on another user, so it knows to have any additional positive/negative/neutral feedback replace the old one in there.

However, to help combat people attempting to game the system, it should also include an option to strike certain users' feedback from the record in the event they become banned, so someone who registered and started causing trouble and mayhem doesn't leave permanent scars on everyone s/he meets.

salmonofdoubt

This might be asking too much, but I can't imagine a system of likes and dislikes being useful without some kind of explanation behind the ratings. If there was somewhere that people could post short reviews of players, like they do on ebay, I think this system could be much more productive and less vulnerable to abuse. This way, at least you can ignore ratings that have no reasoning behind them, and dispute ones that may be false.

Trevor

Quote from: salmonofdoubt on May 13, 2011, 09:24:47 AM
This might be asking too much, but I can't imagine a system of likes and dislikes being useful without some kind of explanation behind the ratings. If there was somewhere that people could post short reviews of players, like they do on ebay, I think this system could be much more productive and less vulnerable to abuse. This way, at least you can ignore ratings that have no reasoning behind them, and dispute ones that may be false.
I don't want to have anything too complicated. Statistics get more meaningful with a larger sampling size. With 20 negative reviews and 2 positive reviews, the person is likely not someone you want play with. It's just a stat and people can read into it what they want.