I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 05-04-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, May 04, 2011, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddyChrist

Trevor

Knighthawk

Ive tried to update to the new 05-04-11 version but have run into a snag. I used the lackeyccg updater and now I have this message pop up whenever I try to open lackey: 

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or a x64 (64-bit) version of the program, then contact the software publisher.

This also means I cannot open lackey at all, and has happened to me in the past when I would update to a new build.
Suggestions? I'm not really computer savvy.

Trevor

Quote from: Knighthawk on May 04, 2011, 08:37:04 PM
Ive tried to update to the new 05-04-11 version but have run into a snag. I used the lackeyccg updater and now I have this message pop up whenever I try to open lackey: 

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or a x64 (64-bit) version of the program, then contact the software publisher.

This also means I cannot open lackey at all, and has happened to me in the past when I would update to a new build.
Suggestions? I'm not really computer savvy.
Get the new one from the zip and manually replace your old one with the new exe.

Knighthawk

Will this erase any saved data on my lackey such as decklists and plugins?

Also, how will I manually replace it? I have a lackey zip file previously saved that I can extract the files from, and then if I use the updater on that file I have the same problem.

IntoTheRain

Just updated this morning.

Lackey attempts to load, shows off the black screen for a second and then fails to open.  :-\

I think I am going to need a fresh install but I wanted to check with you first.

Thanks.

Trevor

Quote from: IntoTheRain on May 05, 2011, 09:31:34 AM
Just updated this morning.

Lackey attempts to load, shows off the black screen for a second and then fails to open.  :-\

I think I am going to need a fresh install but I wanted to check with you first.

Thanks.
How are you installing? If the updater.exe is leading to that, try manually installing from the zip's exe.

Trevor

IntoTheRain

I was actually talking about the patch you released just today.

Both the updater and the manual install failed to fix the problem, so something must have gotten fried while I was updating.

A fresh install fixed all of my problems however and I am up and running again.  :)