News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Drawing from a Combined Deck

Started by Zizhou, June 10, 2011, 08:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zizhou

Hi! I'm currently creating an original game using lackey and have run into a problem with translating a mechanic to the plugin: a shared deck. The idea is that all players create a deck of cards, randomly pick out a starting card from their individual decks and then shuffle them all together before play starts. All players then draw off this single shared deck. I'm trying to come up with a way to do this, but the very structure of the plugins make this seem...not so easy. I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. Thanks!

Saethori

The "Transfer Card" function should work for this purpose.

First assign a game zone expressly for the shared deck. Then, use the following commands in the plugininfo.txt: (Replace numbers with whatever'd be in order, replace name as what would be appropriate. These examples assume the Shared Deck zone immediately succeeds the Hand and Deck zones respectively; if not, then increase the "2". For example, if your zones go Hand-Deck-Discard-Shared-Removed From Game, then replace it with "3". Remember, Lackey counts from zero!)

GENERALFUNCTION(number):"TRANSFERCARD" "Add to Shared Deck" 1 -1 1 R 0 2 R
   [This command takes a random card from the user's deck and places it into the Host Player's Shared Deck zone randomly. The random adding should keep it versatile in case you forget to shuffle it.]
GENERALFUNCTION(number2):"TRANSFERCARD2" "Draw from Shared Deck" 1 0 2 T -1 0 T
   [This command takes the top card of the Host Player's third zone; the Shared Deck zone, and adds it to the user's hand. Pretty basic as drawing goes.]

Zizhou

Ah, thank you! The documentation for the Transfercard function is a little arcane at first glance, so I was having trouble determining if it could even do that. I shall try this out!