News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pokemon TCG Plugin - Discussion Thread

Started by Saethori, May 01, 2011, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saethori

Noble Victories is now added and live!

...Well, most of it. Turns out there are nine cards that are still eluding collectors' grasps, so scans of them are having difficulty surfacing.

EDIT 10/30/11: Pokebeach uploaded more scans, and therefore I have enough to fill in the gaps. The set has been updated to use all English wordings for all the cards, and the scans are available.

If you're on the HIGH-quality version and you updated yesterday, then your client likely has the older, blurry-enlarged versions of the Hydreigon, Full-Art Victini, and Full-Art N cards. If you would like to replace these with the cleaner versions I just uploaded, delete the following files (relative to your Lackey folder):
plugins/pokemon/sets/setimages/NV/NV-079.jpg
plugins/pokemon/sets/setimages/NV/NV-098.jpg
plugins/pokemon/sets/setimages/NV/NV-101.jpg

EDIT 10/31/11: Last scans in. Now the set's complete!

PktrainerED

sorry, when I play with a friend appears "dont plugin is same" have tried to change the plugin you have with each other, update it, but still saying the same thing. any solution to this problem?

Saethori

"dont plugin is same" is, to the best of my knowledge, not an error message Lackey creates. It's hard to tell from the context of the message what kind of issue you're actually having.

Note that, if you haven't updated in a long time, you likely still have set file names with ampersands (&) in them. If so, no amount of updating will remove this; you would need to delete all ampersanded files in your plugins/pokemon/sets folder. Some functions of the plugin also do not work on versions of Lackey more than a couple months old. These are the two main problems I could imagine would affect you if you and your friend have already updated to the latest version.

PktrainerED

thanks, but now say: "debug warning: are u still conected? for realz?" this problem, how repair this?

Saethori

I do not know what problem you are facing, but it is increasingly sounding like a Lackey issue rather than a plugin issue.

Make sure that you've updated both Lackey and the plugin to the latest version. A fresh install may be required if you continue to have issues. Other than that, I really don't know enough about the inner workings of Lackey to know what's happening.

Saethori

Next update of the plugin is out! Not very many new cards have shown up yet, but this version includes full integration of sound effects.

A 'game' soundpack is available, includes individual .wav files for each Pok?mon species, as ripped from the video game series, allowing you to hear the Pok?mon's 'cries' whenever you play their card. There are no sounds for other cards at this time; this soundpack option is still experimental.

This update also significantly alters the names of many cards earlier than BlackAndWhiteEra. This should fix any duplicate-card issues that prevent you from selecting your desired version of a particular card. It also aligns all Pok?mon cards with the current naming convention.
If you have any decks outside the current format, they might need to be tweaked in order to work properly.

zeroash

Saethori

Yeah, I noticed those, but can't do much about them unless all of them are out.

I am performing some work in advance, however.

Saethori

Next Destinies is now added and live!

Unless any new problems arise, I'll probably just sleep until the next set releases. o.o

shumno

I wana know...you say:have 6211 cards...but if i mark ''ignoring dobles" the number go to 5900...what is these cards?

How i instal the sounds of pok?mon?

Saethori

Quote from: shumno on January 31, 2012, 12:51:09 PM
I wana know...you say:have 6211 cards...but if i mark ''ignoring dobles" the number go to 5900...what is these cards?
How Lackey's "Ignore Doubles" function works is that it hides any cards with duplicate names, showing only the very first such card it finds. (For instance, out of the three Bill trainer cards, it will hide the BS version and LC version, and reveal only the B2 version, which is the first Bill, alphabetically, by set.) Cards that have a set marker included in their name are not hidden by "Ignore Doubles". For instance, in addition to the aforementioned three 'Bill' cards, there is also a 'Bill (HGSS)' card that shows independently, even with "Ignore Doubles" active.

The reason for this is due to the naming convention used by the Pok?mon TCG. Unlike some other TCGs, cards in this TCG are not actually unique by name; A trainer card by a given name could be changed from its last appearance to be an entirely new card. The difference could be subtle, such as the Bill card, or it could be significant, such as the Pokemon Center card (as of the latest set). This goes double for any Pok?mon cards, as sometimes multiples of a given species could appear in the same set, with different text and different rarities. As such, the Pokemon TCG requires a great deal of individuality between cards, and it is because of this that the Ignore Doubles function will not work properly. (Also, even if you activate Ignore Doubles, it'll still say Total:6211; the only value that changes is Shown.)

In an earlier patch, I revised the names of all Pokemon to include their set, so none of them should be getting hidden by Ignore Doubles. All that should be getting affected are Trainers and Energy cards (especially the latter).

QuoteHow i instal the sounds of pok?mon?
The .wav files go into your "Lackey/plugins/pokemon/sounds/" folder. The zip file provided includes the sounds\ folder, so in case you are using an extractor program that can extract directory structure, all you'd need to do is extract it into the Pokemon folder.

Trevor

If a card is different, but it shares the same name as another card, the card's full name should be made to be unique in Lackey. If that isn't the case with the plugin currently, it should be fixed.

Saethori

Quote from: Trevor on January 31, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
If a card is different, but it shares the same name as another card, the card's full name should be made to be unique in Lackey. If that isn't the case with the plugin currently, it should be fixed.
As mentioned above, I've already underwent an update back in November that fixed the names of all the problematically named Pok?mon cards. (With this exact issue in mind, in fact.)

I will probably go back through later to give trainers identifier tags, but as it currently stands there aren't actually any trainer cards that should cause issues.

(Though, on going back through, I notice that there's a tiny issue with the latest set. I'll probably have to push live that update sooner rather than later.)

EDIT: Uploaded a fix to the servers that fix issues with Basculin (EP), Chandelure (ND), and Forrettress (UD), which previously caused issues for players who wanted to use one particular version over another. There currently exists a duplication issue in many old sets (regarding rares that come in both foil and non-foil versions), but as this has no functional effect to gameplay (merely art choice), which I will fix when I am no longer sick.

Saethori

A new update is now live! This fixes absolutely all cards with duplicate names, or sets outside the naming convention.

It also includes the Battle City promotional card, which for the time being appears to only exist in reverse holo.

I have an artist on commission working on some thematically appropriate images for the new custom counters (see today's Lackey update for more information), which I hope to upload shortly.

Saethori

A new update is now available! This introduces the Dark Explorers (DE) set, as well as a couple promotional cards.

Some scans are unavailable right now (primarily of the EX Pokemon, and the ultra-rares), which I will fill in as soon as they become available.

This update also includes customized counter images. Let me know your opinion!

EDIT (4/30):
More pictures became available of the set, so I was able to upload additional pictures.
However, the usual website still does not have high-quality scans of all cards yet, so I will continue to search.

EDIT (5/02):
Found a better version of Raikou-EX, so I was able to fix the high-quality version. If you have the old version, delete the file located in Lackey\plugins\pokemon\sets\setimages\DE\DE-038.jpg. The medium-quality version of Raikou-EX is unchanged.

The following cards currently have no images:
104 Kyogre-EX (full art version)
108 Tornadus-EX (full art version)