News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lan option?

Started by RowSkin, April 28, 2011, 12:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowSkin

I am unable to connect to the lackey server at my design school, I think they may have blocked it, and I was wondering if there is a lan option or something similar?

My lackey is up to date (04-26-11) and I am on a mac. I tried to access the server list via the IP address but it says it may be outdated (IP: 66.65.96.84), or that it is unable to connect (IP: 66.65.20.193).

RowSkin

OK so I found the Host Game under the main menu, but it says "unknown" when I try to refresh my IP address and my friend can't join the game. Would the problem be that the port I am trying to use (the default 25710) is blocked? If so is there a way to tell what ports are open?

Trevor

You can't connect to the server at all?

I think generally campus networks don't block things within the LAN, so you should be able to host a normal game without even connecting to the server. Have your opponent enter your LAN IP and see if he can connect to you.

AdLit

In case you're unsure of how to check your IP, and you're using windows, do the following:

Start--> Run --> Type in "command" & press Enter

type "ipconfig" and press enter when the "dos prompt/command/cmd" window opens

you should have a list of stuff.  scroll up until you see IPv4.  That's the address you want.  Should be something like 192.168.x.x

If you're on a mac, I'm not sure how to check...

anomie

On a Mac (at least on mine, which is 10.6) you can either open a terminal window, run ifconfig, and look for the 'inet' line or go System Preferences -> Network, then pick the interface (airport, ethernet, firewire) and it will say something like '<interface> is connected ... and has the IP address <iphere>'

If you use the first method ignore the 127.0.0.1 loopback ip. (a command like ifconfig -a | grep inet | egrep -v 'inet6|127.0.0.1' will kick back all the non-loopback IP addresses the box is set up on)