News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lackey Video Problem (on launch)

Started by Gavran, May 06, 2012, 11:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavran

I just got a new PC*  to replace my broken laptop, and to my dismay I find Lackey isn't working on it. It's possible that I'm forgetting something stupidly obvious that Lackey requires, but I can't think of what that might be (that I haven't already installed).

I can launch the client, and the welcome sound is played without issue, but the graphics don't load and it seems to lock up (though it does exit properly). I have my drivers, the redistributable linked in the sticky, and all my other games and programs are working fine. I've tried launching from multiple locations and have full administrator rights.

Here's a screenshot: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/SyrupyDeathtrap/lackeyerr.png

On a loosely related note, I'm sad about needing to rebuild all my decks. Have you [Trevor] ever thought about cloud storage for deck files? I'm not sure how many users you have but I can't imagine a couple dozen .txts per user taking up that much space. On the other hand, I'm not sure you how your infrastructure for accounts works. Maybe it's just a case of "I should back up my stuff more intelligently, and register with one of those deck-building sites that I already use to evaluate mana balance anyway."

*running Windows 7 for the first time

Trevor

Gavran

I tried all three yesterday, no avail. I'll try again and edit with results in case I did something silly, like running the same distributable twice.

Edit:
No change.

This PC is 64 bit Windows 7, and I'm currently using the onboard video card which is somewhat dated, though it's been able to run everything else I've asked it to so far. (Minecraft, WoW, LoL, and a few old emulators)

Gavran

I hate to bump, especially in a thread I know you've seen, but I'm still having this issue and now all my friends are getting back into Magic and I can't play with them. If there is any more info I can give I'd be happy to.

Trevor

IM me with AIM, Skype, or something like that and I can help troubleshoot.

I'm Lykos4 on AIM, and trevoragnitti and most other IM clients.

Trevor

In case anyone is curious, after some investigation it appears that this guy's graphics card broke and doesn't support OpenGL.