News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Templates

Started by lested, August 13, 2012, 04:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lested

Well I'm working on a new project but can't decide on which template to use, so I'll post them here to get some sugestion and know your opinions.

Of course all of this are test they are always subject to change.

3XXXDDD

I feel the stats on the right should be put somewhere else (maybe an extra bar on top of the text box or a column on one of the sides).

That is so it doesn't obstruct the main art element of the card.

Malagar

If you aim to print this, you should keep the border (because of bleeding edge etc.)

As much as i like the "Singing Angel" font style, i dont like it in the cards rules text. you should use the flavor text font instead.

And, make the card name text bigger and the "Evoke Angel" text smaller, maybe also change the "Evoke Angel" text font and keep the special font type only for the card name.

I would also expand the swung edge on the top right, so you can put the attack/defense symbols into it.

the swung edge on the middle left seems to serve no purpose (is taking away valuable space).

Besides this, its really good! Where do you get the icons/art from?

Trevor

When you scale the card down to actual card sizes, you can see the ratio of font size to card size doesn't work well.
I suggest you try a simpler font designed for maximum readability with the minimum space (like Times), and also increase the font size. As a check, scale your card down to 200 pixels wide, and if you can't read something, you have a problem.

Funky fonts aren't worth it. Magic used to use funky fonts, but they realized it is just more important for things to be the easiest to read rather than funky looking.

I'd also suggest moving the offense/defense stats to the right or the left of the text box. That way they don't obscure the main card art. I also think the flavor text works better as italics within the card text box. And the copyright line can be shifted out of the text box and into the border area.

Otherwise, the design looks pretty good.

Check out:
http://lackeyccg.com/ccgdesign.html
Consider elements of modern CCG design. Your template could use a set expansion symbol (colorized to show rarity) and you should also include a collector card number.
You could also make use of a card type symbol.

Remember also that the cost of a card works best in the top left of the card because when fanned out in a person's hand, that is the part of the card most likely to be visible, so the more important info you can put there, the better.

Dragoon

The fonts make my I bleed. Also, I recommend scaling the card down, just to see if all stats are still visible. Otherwise, nice design.

lested

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions, would answer now,

The text font I am going to change it probably going to leave it just for the name.

The stats I put it there because when you exhaust the cards and are facing each other the atk and def\vit symbols are ] in front of the other, but will try to change them some where else.

The middle swung is to put the card type\clan icon but I haven't made it yet the same with the set symbol.

The art is from the internet but I got a few artist working with me, all the icons I made them.

And the cost number I really think is a thing of taste because I fan my cards to the right so the cost numbers show, like for example when plying magic.

And Ill make the changes after my one week army training