News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Group Phases

Started by koipond, April 23, 2010, 02:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koipond

Hey there,

So we found this and I'm so in it's not even funny.  However, I do have a couple of questions.

Right now I'd be looking at doing a Cyberpunk CCG plugin, which isn't that big a deal but I'd like to do Allegiance: A War of Factions as well and there I'm running into some problems.

The first problem is in the subject line.  During each phase, every player gets an action until everyone passes.  How can we sit there and simulate that?  Is it just keep the phase up until everyone passes in chat and then hit the next phase button?  I'm trying to figure that out as we go.

The other one is that there is a set amount of resources depending on the number of players.  I'm trying to wrap my head around that, maybe just using tokens like they did in the game but that's a little inelegant. 

Ripplez

yes, you can do phases that way. as you get comfy with the program and the game, you can use it more as a guideline - i rarely use it myself now

you can set resources under life in the starting stat. tracked by the game

Trevor

Quote from: koipond on April 23, 2010, 02:54:39 AM
Hey there,

So we found this and I'm so in it's not even funny.  However, I do have a couple of questions.

Right now I'd be looking at doing a Cyberpunk CCG plugin, which isn't that big a deal but I'd like to do Allegiance: A War of Factions as well and there I'm running into some problems.

The first problem is in the subject line.  During each phase, every player gets an action until everyone passes.  How can we sit there and simulate that?  Is it just keep the phase up until everyone passes in chat and then hit the next phase button?  I'm trying to figure that out as we go.

The other one is that there is a set amount of resources depending on the number of players.  I'm trying to wrap my head around that, maybe just using tokens like they did in the game but that's a little inelegant.
If you share a phase and it only progresses when everyone passes, it seems like a single phase and people just click the Pass canned message button. Really, its just like with real cards.

Seems like a player stat might work best for resources.

koipond

*nods* I figured that the phases buttons are just there for convenience rather than anything useful.

The big thing in regards to the resources, which was how I was going to have them tracked regardless, there is a limit to how many you can have.  For instance if there are 3 players then there is only 12 economic, 12 political and 12 religious influence tokens in the game.  It's be a constant math to make sure that no one was over.