News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help with general Plugin Creation

Started by ihateirony, March 15, 2010, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihateirony

Basically I was thinking of creating a plugin, but with this particular game each of about five cards in play can have a number of different buffs and debuffs on it at once, (There are over thirty, each with variations) each of which has an individual number of turns it can remain that count down and the current counter system doesn't really work for this. Is there any way of handling this or any plan to implement something in later versions that I could utilise?

The game is Kongai (http://www.kongregate.com/cards), which normally runs in an in browser flash box with rules enforcement (so they've no difficulty with this). I'd just play it as is in flash, except I'm trying to get some friends into it and the basic game is not enjoyable until you've gathered a few cards for it, so they won't try it unless I they can play a game with any of the cards they want (which isn't too greedy as there are only about fifty cards). If you're familiar with the game you'll know that making a plugin would be quite difficult due to its unconventional nature, but I think I've developed sufficient workarounds for everything except this, so it'd really be appreciated if anyone could help me out here!

Trevor

Lackey is a virtual table top sort of engine. If you need to handle things yourself with real cards, you need to handle them yourself in Lackey. There are many ways to do this, such as counters and notes and other methods. Pretty much everything a card game can need can be done via Lackey, and done in a usable manner.

ihateirony

Right, yeah, but handling them yourselves would be needlessly complicated with physical cards and with virtual ones, which is why I was hoping there's be some way I could do it within Lackey. I've an idea of making cards for the buffs and putting counters on them, removing one a turn until they're clear, but that might get two cluttered if they've numerous buffs on them. Thanks anywho, the programme's awesome and what I'm asking of it is beyond what physical card games normally provide, so it's not a bad reflection on it at all! :)