News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic plugin help

Started by vampscara, November 30, 2009, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampscara

The http://www.angelfire.com/funky/magiclackey/medium/updatelist.txt  Magic plugin keeps saying "Error:  timed out while updating the plugin" whenever I try to update.  This is a recent install on a new computer.  I had the plugin working before, but suddenly the cards weren't there.  I deleted the plugin and am now trying to download it again.  If anyone could tell me what's going on and give me some pointers, that'd be great.  If any other information is needed just ask.

Thanks
Vampscara

totsubo

Could this be due to the server problems we are having?

If it is then it should be fixed by tomorrow.

TheBuck

Lackey was never meant to be use for huge downloads like MTG. What you should do is just go into the deck builder and go over all the cards they will download that way. Also when you play people who have all the cards DLed already you will automaicaly DL those images.

well its 256am and I'm unsure how clear that was. Maybe I should go back to my no posting past 2am rule.

vampscara

It may have been due to the servers because it's working fine now.  Oh and I had no card list in the deck builder.  Hence my confusion

AndO3131

Hi.
I'm new on this forum, so hi to all.

I've spent last few days on Lackeyccg and I think it's awesome. I've got one sugestion concerning Magic: the Gathering. There aren't all lands included in this plugin, but it can be repaired easily by switching files on the server. If I changed apropriate ones, could it be possible to add them to plugin, so missing lands could be downloaded automatically?

reelhotgames

I may be out of date with this answer since I haven't played with the MtG plugin for a good while, but I know when it was created the creator didn't bother to name each land differently swithin the plugin so it sticks you with whatever image was selected at plugin creation.

It had been suggested many a time that the plugin be updated so each land (ex. Alpha Swamps 1-3) be renamed and added to the plugin appropriatly but that has ( i do not think) been done. It is a lot of work to do, to add and rename basic lands for every set since alpha, but I for one think it should be done. So hip hip to the person who tackles reworking the plugin for this small, but massive task!

Gwarnokyon

Quote from: TheBuck on December 01, 2009, 01:57:16 AM
Lackey was never meant to be use for huge downloads like MTG. What you should do is just go into the deck builder and go over all the cards they will download that way. Also when you play people who have all the cards DLed already you will automaicaly DL those images.

Ok, if I am to be reading this correctly, one would not be able to just Dload the plugin and have all of the images right there in the deck builder. Is this correct? Would anyone have a plugin which would have all of the images there straight away? I can understand the having to mouse over each card and have it Dload then, but with the number of cards exceeding 15000 cards..... *whew*

Thanks!

Ripplez

when you have your plugin loaded, click download all missing images. i dont know how it works, i just know that thats how i got most of my images. sometimes a file will give an error or get corrupted but for the most part, youll get your images

got every single pokemon card image that way and you know that aint a small task

picks-at-flies

Except... Magic is bigger than pokemon and it will cause you errors.  I would start by just letting it download them as you roll over the card names.

Gwarnokyon

Ok... I started Dloading the images... it took me 6 hours with 10MB service (?!?!?!?!?!?!?). I was able to get up to 96% and then I started getting errors. Out of a total of 15202 card images, I ended up with 15004 images. With a sigh, I went into the deck builder and moused over the card set images that I was missing and it still would not grab them. Any suggestions?

Out of desperation, I do have an idea....

1. Navigate to sets folder and copy them to a different location on the HD.
2. Completely wipe out Lackey. (see where I'm heading here?)
3. Re-install Lackey
4. Re-install the Magic plug-in
5. Mouse over the images that I was missing.
6. Take the images the were recently added and put them into the folders that were placed on the HD outside of Lackey.
7. Replace the partial folders in Lackey with the now complete folders on the HD.
8. Quit Lackey
9. Start Lackey

*-* Real time just passed *-*

I figured something out. If you are having the problem that I have, just quit Lackey, start Lackey and go into the Deck Editor and instead of mousing over, hit the view tiles button on the bottom of the card list. Wait for the cards to fill in and repeat.... ***YAY!!!***

picks-at-flies

Actually it's as simple as this:  once Lackey hits an image error, it doesn't download any more images until you restart.  Since the order is fixed, you will always get stuck in the same place.  Mousing over the missing images is fine until you hit a broken one.

Fix:  Tell the plugin maker the name of the first image that gives you an error (the second error is normally due to the first), and which size image you were downloading if there's an option.