No way, but thanks for asking.
1 (20%)
Wait...what?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 08, 2011, 04:16:34 PM

AdLit

Whats up all,

I know this forum is already stocked with plenty of games/plugins for Lackey, but I'm writing just to stir up some interest for one more.  Iceclaw and I have been working on a plugin for a new game and I think we're finally approaching a period where a final build will be released!  In anticipation for this, I figured I'd just mention it on the board as well as start a poll to gauge people's interest in the game.  Have you played it before?  Have you ever heard of it?  Let us know here, and hopefully we'll have a robust interest and get some good games going! 

Saethori

I've played Munchkin quite a bit, back in the day. It's pretty crazy.

I didn't even realize Lackey could do multiplayer until I loaded it up to see if it could.

Gordon228

it will be good to get it on lackey as playing on a small table is hard

AdLit

It also makes it a lot easier to have blended/multi-set games.  No shuffling or clean-up  ;D

Glad to hear there's interest!!

Saethori

Hm... on further introspection, a large concern presents itself; the deck. Munchkin is basically a shared-deck game, and with two shared decks to boot. One of them can't even be drawn, and instead is instantly revealed. The rules are simple on a physical aspect, but programming-wise it's pretty different than most other TCGs. And while I'm not an expert at making new plugins, it seems like the interface portion would be pretty difficult.

(I think it's possible to assign a button or function key to "move a card from a deck to the center of the table", though, which would be a reasonable way to handle the Door deck.)

AdLit

QuoteHm... on further introspection, a large concern presents itself; the deck. Munchkin is basically a shared-deck game, and with two shared decks to boot. One of them can't even be drawn, and instead is instantly revealed. The rules are simple on a physical aspect, but programming-wise it's pretty different than most other TCGs. And while I'm not an expert at making new plugins, it seems like the interface portion would be pretty difficult.

(I think it's possible to assign a button or function key to "move a card from a deck to the center of the table", though, which would be a reasonable way to handle the Door deck.)

Already taken care of.   ;D  The plugin is coded such that the host of the game loads the decks.  They are shared decks amongst all players.  Buttons in the interface allow you to "break down the door" (draw face up to table), "loot the room" (draw to hand), etc, etc, with full functionality.  Lackey provides more than enough functions to handle this game with ease!  I've already played multiple games with friends to test this out.  Even people who have never played Munchkin can very easily pick up and play with this Lackey version.

AdLit

I'll post some screenshots in a bit to show the functionality, including a skin I made that is Munchkin-themed.  I'll also include some images of Munchkin-themed Avatars.

Saethori

I guess Lackey has a lot more functionality than I pinned it down as having, heh.

Sounds like it'd be interesting to try out! A real change of pace from typical TCGs.

AdLit

As promised, here's some images from the Munchkin plugin.  These images are a skin I created and avatars I made from images found online.  Of course, you're welcome to use anything you'd like, these are merely themed elements I felt added some flavor to the plugin.  I will post these here when the plugin goes live so that people can have access to them if they'd like.

Also, anyone who would be interested in playing but doesn't know how to play Munchkin, I'll be happy to play some tutorial-paced Lackey games, and I'll try to create and post a link for a video tutorial as well.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

AdLit

Screenshot of the packs included in Munchkin.  Updates of course will be supported.

AdLit

Here are images of the avatars I created from the game.  Images were found on the internet and edited for use in Lackey.  Again, people are welcome to use whatever avatars you like, but if you're interested you can download these!

Gordon228

when do you think it will be ready for the may-ham of lackey?

AdLit

Very shortly.  I'm just trying to work out the bugs in the png setup.  I could release it as a jpeg version, however if I can update to the png style it will make it look a little better (no white card corners, itll look more like real cards on a table).

Gordon228

well you could do a temp jpeg then update to png

Edit: Did you get everything working?

AdLit

Quotewell you could do a temp jpeg then update to png

That might very well be what I do.  I'm still having some issues with the png version, and to be honest I don't feel that the jpgs look so bad as to not be used; the only difference is (literally) no white corners at the end of the cards.