News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

new pokemon play..

Started by Howl, March 19, 2010, 09:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

well if anyone was up for it. i created a new way of playing the pokemon tcg. i call it Elite play. or elite for short u use the reg. pkm plugin to play.

1st of all no 1 v1 battles and after an attack the turn ends i thought it would be cool instead of having an energy pool .o heres an example. its like turn 4 you have a Dratini 50Hp out that has [c] Slam 10  [WC] Bite 30
And a mareep  40Hp [c] Tail Whip 10
and in your energy pool you have 1 F,W,l Energy so u tap the Fw for a bite with dratini tapping dratini and a l for a Tw with Mareep tapping mareep .
PLayer wins by Drawing all prizes. but does not win if opp. has no pokemon out.

so u kinda mix pokemons pay to attack.yugiohs one attacker at a time .&Magics tap to attack mechanics to play pokemon now which i kinda think fits the Pokemon story and . pokemon itself.
if anyone is up for testing this heh .. umm juss cmmnt on this .. or if anyone has any ideas on a way tht they thght wld b cool to play.

Skye

First of all, you should sort that out instead of just gobbing it all together.

Quote1st of all no 1 v1 battles

Explain yourself.
Are you saying no 1-vs-1 as is 1 player vs 1 player, or 1 pokemon vs 1 pokemon.

I have never heard of a 1v1 pokemon battle. If you are trying to say 1 Prize, then I don't see the problem. That only ever comes up in Quick Games that are meant to be finished rapidly.

Quoteand after an attack the turn ends

Pretty sure the turn ends after an attack anyways. Maybe you are getting confused with Yugioh.

Pokemon is setup like this, at least in the plugin.
Special Conditions - Draw Cards - Play Cards - Attack

After your attack portion, the turn ends. Though technically Special Conditions should come again, where you need to roll dice for stuff like Burn damage, or to resolve Poison damage.

Quotei thought it would be cool instead of having an energy pool .o heres an example. its like turn 4 you have a Dratini 50Hp out that has [c] Slam 10  [WC] Bite 30
And a mareep  40Hp [c] Tail Whip 10
and in your energy pool you have 1 F,W,l Energy so u tap the Fw for a bite with dratini tapping dratini and a l for a Tw with Mareep tapping mareep .

There is no common energy pool. You attach energy cards to specific pokemon, and only they use it.

There is no "tapping" energy. Once it's attached, you are free to use it at will, as often as you like, until the energy card is discarded. Which only happens by card effect or another effect.

Quoteyugiohs one attacker at a time

Pokemon only has one attacker at a time. The Active Pokemon. The only other Pokemon you can have on the field are 5 Benched pokemon. That cannot attack.

After reading this, it really looks like you know little to nothing about how the Pokemon TCG works. You are pointing out stuff that just does not exist within the game itself.

As far as these Elite Rules, it just seems kinda stupid to me. Not trying to be harsh, but you are screwing up the entire mechanics and destroying what makes this pokemon.

You can't have an energy pool. A pokemon uses it's own energy to power attacks. That's why you attach energy to it. To say that you can pile energy into one location and have any pokemon access that energy, it's just going to end badly.

If you wanna do Elite Rules, don't screw around and add in mechanics from other games, you will just mess it all up.

Instead, build on stuff that is in Pokemon, but not in the card game.

2v2 battles take place in the games all the time. Why not make stuff like 2 Active Pokemon and 4 Benched Pokemon, instead of 1 Active/5 Benched.

Then you have it more challenging, as you have two Pokemon to protect and look out for, you still only attach 1 Energy per turn, so it is, in essence, more difficult.

Elite means something is harder, or the ones participating are better. So make the game more challenging, don't just tack in new stuff that's not going to mesh well with the existing rules.

Some other Elite stuff to make the game more challenging:
1) Energy Drain
After each attack, discard one energy card, after discarding for any other reason (such as an attack telling you to discard). The Energy must be the same type as the Pokemon card, if that type of Energy is not available, any will do.

2) Low Prizes
Lower the number of prizes. Basically the more Prizes available, the easier/longer a battle. If you want things to be Elite, drop Prizes down to 2 or 3, that way you have less time to build up strong Pokemon, and are required to think faster and use strategy more to protect your weaker Pokemon.

3) No Evolutions
That's right. Put in a No Evolutions rule. Meaning you cannot evolve Pokemon at all, and must only use Basic.

4) No Stage Two
Same as above, only in this case you can evolve to Stage 1 Pokemon, just no higher.

The above four rules will make things much more challenging and work out within the established rules. They are easy to understand, and should up the challenge level a lot more, without having to add in rules that people have a hard time understanding.

To increase the difficulty of the battle, just apply more of the restrictions above to it. The more you add in, the harder it becomes.

You might also think about stuff such as 1 Active/1 Benched, so you only have a single backup to work from. You would then have to choose more wisely as to what was placed on your Benched. You don't have a selection to choose from if your Active is knocked out/retreats.

Howl

Lol actually ik how the pokemon game works inside and out lol.. I've been playing it for yearssss.. Hah.. But yess maybe a lil more of a description would have been better.. In pookemon u play with an active pokemon doing all the atacking.. Hence the 1v1 battles .m its really only the two active pokemon battling unless u go into more depth and design decks to attack benched pokemon or completely wipe out the bench. Anyways... In my idea I was thinking. Well ikk uve played yugioh u kept the plugin going for a while. But in yugioh there is a 5 monster maximum on  a players field and 5 card maximum spell and trap zone... So in pokemon why not have it soo instead of having 1 active pokemon u can have up to 5 active pokemon.. That ccan evolve and the works.. And each one selects their attack targets and their attacks... And with retreat costs let's say ur pokemon is selected as an attack target and u know its gunna lose the battle that's were retreat cost comes in.. But don't discard energy just tap it in ur energy pool....Its really not that hard to do.. It works out perfectly if u try it... And a couple of my friends and I have tried and played mannny games succesfully with no problems.. Ill provide pictures on how it works..