News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Reveal Hand to Specific Players?

Started by Mindslip, July 20, 2011, 05:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindslip

I searched the forums and can't find an answer, but the question is pretty simple: I want to play a game of 2-headed Giant (MtG) with friends, so is there a way I can reveal my hand only to specific players rather than to everyone/no one? I'd rather not have to type out in private IRC what my hand is all the time and have my partner looking it all up if he's unfamiliar with the cards.

I'm sure there's got to be a solution I just haven't found, so thanks in advance!

Trevor

Doing that would complicate the interface a bit, and its not used frequnetly enough to be worth it. There are a number of ways to do this though. For example, you could move the cards to a zone only that player could see.

Mindslip

After asking around a bit on the server, that same thing has been suggested. I suppose that would work. Thanks once again.

Trevor

I am adding a new type of zone: a communal zone, like a zone that is truly shared by all players. Previously, I had people fake this by loading the communal zone to one player, and having other people draw from that player's zone. That was a hack, and soon that sort of thing will be handled properly.

But when adding this new communal zone, it occurred to me that the old paradigm of revealed to owner/reveal to others falls apart when a zone has no owner. So I am redesigning things, and one of the byproducts of adding communal zones will be the soon to be released feature of the often requested ability to reveal a zone to only a specific player.

r0cknes

Yes! See I knew you would come around Trevor. ;D

Thanks for your hard work!

Halfwing

This seems close enough to request something similar.

Is it possible to add a pack builder? An ability to design your own sets/packs would be awesome. As in, just build a deck, and choose 'save as set' and then be able to build packs with X amount of card for RARITY Y, or X amount of cards with TYPE Z, etc, and then be able to send those to friends, to randomize cards select for the most part.

Would be really useful in making things like cubedraft, or sealed custom blocks.

Tyril132

That feature is already supported by Lackey by modifying your plugin's pack definition file.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. Since everything uses the new xml format, you could make a custom deck and save it just as you described, then copy/paste the list of cards and just add the quantity and set data. It wasn't a five minute process, but I easily made several custom packs for my MT:G league players such as the Deck Builder's Toolkit or "50 random uncommon cards from X set."The plugin creation tutorial should have enough information on editing this file to get started.