I play one card my opponent see's another, why?

Started by shane-e-ak, July 28, 2011, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane-e-ak

I am having problems. The cards I play using the magic plugin show up correctly on my screen, but show up as diffrent cards on my opponents, same goes for my opponent. I tried to reinstall and it did no good. Please help. Thank you.

Saethori

This usually means your plugins aren't actually identical.

Lackey communicates which card is which by number. So every card is given a number of order for organization in the game when communicating online, and the Lackey client is in charge of knowing exactly which card is the 634th one.

If different versions of a plugin have more or fewer cards then the previous, then the numbers will likely end up off.

...Another possibility is Lackey version, if you two are playing by IP instead of by connecting to the server. The latest version modified the order in which card files are loaded, which carries with it a difference in numbering. This, too, could cause card discrepancies.

Trevor

Shane-e-ak, when you connect, are you given the following message?
"WARNING: (Opponent's name)'s plugin is not the same version as yours. This could cause errors, like seeing the wrong cards."

Clay

This has happened to me before. Seems to happen with the Magic plugin when using Portal cards and unhinged lands. Every other time it has occurred in my games it has been because of different plugins.

The specific cards I've noticed that work incorrectly are Unhinged Mountains and Portal Mind Rot. It probably just has a problem with the plugin though.