News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Making a new plugin - Lackey crashes

Started by mms99br, May 27, 2011, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mms99br

Hi guys,

I already read the tutorial and even a Topic here, but still do not work. I am putting here the plugininfo.txt + carddata.txt

I am editing it at WordPad so let me know if I need to use other programs.

Thanks in advance

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Carpemortis

The format you are using is out of date.  Even more out of date than the tutorial =P

Lackey wills till load it, but you wont' find much documentation on it.  In the long run it's better to switch to the new format described in the tutorial. The tutorial is not so far out of date that it is useless, it's just missing documentation on a few nifty features.

However, a quick fix, would be to remove the " in your card functions. I have a feeling theya re what's tripping everything up.  In addition the numbers above each section should correspond to the number of lines below it.  Your function sections both show 17, but they have less lines than that.  You should fix that as well.

If you want to start switching to the new format, we can help with that too. Grab yourself a newer plugin, and take a look at it's plugininfo.txt  The sections are in the same order as yours, so translating to the new format should be fairly straight forward.

mms99br

Oh, very thanks. I am using the LotR Decipher plugin, can you tell me what plugin is newer ?? Age of Thrones ?

Carpemortis

The ones i know for certain use the new format are Rage and Magic, those are the two I used when converting the Netrunner plugin.  I chose Rage because it uses multiple card back images, and Magic because it is popular and therefore likely to be up to date.

r0cknes

I had this same problem before on a card game I was designing. I don't know if this is already fixed for you, but my problem was that my plugin folder had a space in the name. Hope this helps if you never solved the issue.