News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Pluggin idea

Started by netfirecat, February 01, 2010, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netfirecat

If we used cards to represent peices on the bored, could the games of checkers, GO, connect 4 and ones as such be compiled into a pluggin? Though it's less likely, Monopoly? With GO, use card that at 90 degrees, the colors show it as player 1, 0 degrees player 2. Ideas, comments?

Tokimo

Go would be reasonably doable with flips (white front, black back).

The largest issue with Go would be the lack of a standard grid to play cards too. If plugins could specify their own default BG this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

netfirecat

I think a default is 8x8, but that the 2 players can argue over. As an additional feature to it, the download would be a specific background so that all players have a specific playmat.

Tokimo

Go is significantly larger than 8x8 (17x17 is the actual size), and yes, you would need a standard playmat (without trying it I think you would probably need a standard playmat and to use it at 150% zoom or something).

Othello/Chess/Checkers are 8x8 and thus would be easier to fit a full board on a 100% zoom playmat.

More so what I was trying to say was that without having the playmat standard when the plugin was loaded (it's a user action to set the playmat) it would make the plugin less user friendly.

netfirecat

that is true. Hmm, definately looks like to be able to play monopoly, board alterations will be needed... Maybe turn it into a colored grid. with monopoly, all that matters is that the number of squares is correct, it possible to use something as a marker and the cards are right..

aardvark

Go boards can also be 9x9.

sneaselx

Actually, monopoly would be easiest to implement, I think, as it is closest to a ccg. Also, remember, cards can be any size, as long as it is consistent throughout the deck.
(I always thought Go was 19x19. It is commonly suggested that learners divide the board into small parts, to practice their skills with a game that is much shorter.)

netfirecat

GO and orthello both, the board size is up to the players. True, the only use for the board in Monopoly is to show one's position in respect to the board.