News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help with Counters

Started by r0cknes, December 14, 2013, 01:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0cknes

I am making a plugin for an experimental Team Fortess 2 Board game I am working on. It involves very small pieces. The problem I am having is in order to get the pieces to fit into the squares on the Map Back I need to scale the images down to 50%. When I do that though it scales the counters down so low they are unreadable. I thought i found a solution. I just scaled everything to 200% before closing the program. If I do that then the icons are readable even after I scale down the images to 50%. However if I then move another piece onto the board I have the same problem all over again. This is a huge announce to me. Is there any way to make the counters a set size? I am thinking there isn't but does anyone have known answer to this issue? I would like to play test this game and this is the only thing in the way!

Thanks!!!

Trevor

There are a couple things going on. You can change how big the card image sizes are because they are relative to the card back size. So if the card images size is twice the size of the card back size, they will appear larger than other cards on the table that are the same as the card back size.

You can alter the grid size of the table. This is the snap-to grid. A game like chess, for example, only lets you put a piece in a certain place.

The counter size itself is controlled by the user, not the plugin maker. Users decide the size and if they want counters displayed as numbers or just images.

r0cknes

Thanks for your help, but I don't think you fully understood my issue. That is my fault for not explaining very well.

You will see in the image I attached that there are 2 pieces on the board. The top piece I had at Scale 300% when I first placed the counters, then I scaled it down to 50% to fit the board squares.

The bottom piece was already at 50% when I placed the counters onto it. You will see that the counters are two very different sizes. The one on the top is actually visible.

What I am asking is if there is a way, as a plugin maker or lackey user, to make the counters a certain size all the time and not a ratio to the current scalling. If not wouldn't that be a useful feature?

Trevor

The size of the pieces on the table is controlled by the relative size of the piece compared to the cardback.jpg. If you increase the size of cardback.jpg, or decrease the size of the piece image, you won't need to do any scaling modifications to get things to match the playmat.

Regarding counter image sizes, that's controlled by the user, not the plugin maker. How you display those things is a matter of preference. As the plugin maker, you can include a default preference, but ultimately, that's determined by the user.