Public test of the new Lackey. Test it out, if ye be brave...

Started by Trevor, October 11, 2010, 06:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psly4mne

Sound was not working for me, with 10-23 on a mac. While Lackey was closed, I opened secure/Preferences.txt and changed the line SOUNDOUTGOINGENABLED:1 to SOUNDOUTGOINGENABLED:0. Then I reopened Lackey and sound worked. It even worked if i changed that setting back. Maybe I did something else weird that fixed it, I don't know for sure.

Once sound started working, it still played chat sounds even if I turned chat sounds off.

heynow

Quote from: psly4mne on October 24, 2010, 12:49:57 PM
Sound was not working for me, with 10-23 on a mac. While Lackey was closed, I opened secure/Preferences.txt and changed the line SOUNDOUTGOINGENABLED:1 to SOUNDOUTGOINGENABLED:0. Then I reopened Lackey and sound worked. It even worked if i changed that setting back. Maybe I did something else weird that fixed it, I don't know for sure.

Once sound started working, it still played chat sounds even if I turned chat sounds off.

I tried this method, and nothing worked. I do believe it was something other than the changing of SOUNDOUTGOINGENABLED. If anyone else figures out a more concrete method let me know here or on the servers.

psly4mne

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the standard Lackey install and the 10-23 build for mac, dropped it in, and sound worked. I didn't change any settings or anything.

heynow

Quote from: psly4mne on October 24, 2010, 04:21:27 PM
I just downloaded a fresh copy of the standard Lackey install and the 10-23 build for mac, dropped it in, and sound worked. I didn't change any settings or anything.

trying this now

heynow

Quote from: heynow on October 24, 2010, 04:42:31 PM
Quote from: psly4mne on October 24, 2010, 04:21:27 PM

trying this now

did not work at all

Trevor

Quote from: DemonicSei on October 24, 2010, 06:00:19 PM
Just had my 9th disconnections in the last 2 days...
Is there anything going on, like on the server or in a game, when you get DCed.

psly4mne

Bugs in the 10-23 build, observed on mac:
I cannot move cards between zones (except into play) by dragging them into the zone. When I start dragging a card, it gets highlighted and becomes semi-transparent, as normal. But when I drop it in another zone, it stays transparent and doesn't move. Nothing shows up in the game log. Dragging cards onto the tab with the name of a zone seems to work okay.
Spawned cards do not disappear when they are moved to another zone through the right-click menu. The log says they cease to exist (if they were moved from play), but they are still there, and they count towards the size of the zone. If I move a spawned card between two zones other than play by dragging it, it does cease to exist, but nothing shows up in the log.
If I move cards between zones through the right-click menu, the sizes of zones does not update until I do something else that causes it to refresh, like drawing a card.

I believe all of this was working before, and I can't reproduce it on another instance, but it is occurring consistently - relaunching Lackey doesn't help.

Trevor

Quote from: psly4mne on October 25, 2010, 08:38:23 AM
I cannot move cards between zones (except into play) by dragging them into the zone. When I start dragging a card, it gets highlighted and becomes semi-transparent, as normal. But when I drop it in another zone, it stays transparent and doesn't move. Nothing shows up in the game log. Dragging cards onto the tab with the name of a zone seems to work okay.
I wasn't able to reproduce this first bug. How exactly are you moving them? Remember that there are so many ways to do everything, you need to be very specific. For example, you said "But when I drop it in another zone...". Did you drop it on the zone tabs (the player stat tabs, the below table tabs, or the right of table tabs)? Did you drop it onto the field where you see the cards? The bottom one or the right one?
If you can figure out a way to reliably reproduce the bug, and I can repeat it, I can surely fix it.

QuoteSpawned cards do not disappear when they are moved to another zone through the right-click menu. The log says they cease to exist (if they were moved from play), but they are still there, and they count towards the size of the zone. If I move a spawned card between two zones other than play by dragging it, it does cease to exist, but nothing shows up in the log.
Fixed.

QuoteIf I move cards between zones through the right-click menu, the sizes of zones does not update until I do something else that causes it to refresh, like drawing a card.
Fixed.

Trevor

I just posted a new version today. I think it will fix those disconnects DemonicSei and Isabella reported. Let me know if it persists.

I also think I fixed the issue people where having with the mac version where they couldn't find sounds and images and such.

TheBuck

Where is the update? The DL page still says its the old ver.

Alastair

TheBuck

Grrr that was right. The LAST EDIT on was OCT 11th. I thought it would have said the 25th since it's "pointing" to something diff. Thanks.

Alastair

It's not pointing to anything different though. Trevor just updates the zip file. ;)

psly4mne

Quote from: Trevor on October 25, 2010, 10:08:59 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce this first bug. How exactly are you moving them? Remember that there are so many ways to do everything, you need to be very specific. For example, you said "But when I drop it in another zone...". Did you drop it on the zone tabs (the player stat tabs, the below table tabs, or the right of table tabs)? Did you drop it onto the field where you see the cards? The bottom one or the right one?
If you can figure out a way to reliably reproduce the bug, and I can repeat it, I can surely fix it.
I'm dropping the cards onto the field where you see the cards. Bottom or right, doesn't matter. I poked at it a little more and figured out that the problem occurs when AUTOCLEARCARD is 1.

Trevor

Quote from: psly4mne on October 26, 2010, 03:42:23 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 25, 2010, 10:08:59 PM
I'm dropping the cards onto the field where you see the cards. Bottom or right, doesn't matter. I poked at it a little more and figured out that the problem occurs when AUTOCLEARCARD is 1.
Fixed.