I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 07-30-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, July 22, 2011, 03:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xkirby

I must've had better luck with using TRANSFERCARD to output from Deck to Table, cuz it works fine like that for me.
Thanks anyway.  :)

Bootylactin

Quote from: xkirby on July 29, 2011, 03:23:46 PM
I must've had better luck with using TRANSFERCARD to output from Deck to Table, cuz it works fine like that for me.
Ahh I see, you're using DRAWCARDTOTABLE, not TRANSFERCARD with <destinationowner>table</destinationowner>.  As long as DRAWCARDTOTABLE allows me to specify faceup or facedown, that should work for me too.  Gonna give that a shot...

Bootylactin

Ahh, nope, appears that DRAWCARDTOTABLE doesn't allow you to set the sourcegamezone.  So it automatically draws from the player deck, which is not what I want...

Tbiesty

Quote from: Tbiesty on July 29, 2011, 01:41:34 PM
I noticed this (running the build from a couple days ago 07-26-11) during a game with the "lotr" plugin, which has a GLOBALSTAT for "twilight".

Your opponent does not see the display (on the left side of the screen) of the global stat update when you change it. The changes made to the value are all shown in the message area, but the actual display of the value does not update.  For a PLAYERSTAT (like "burdens" or "threats"), both players are able to see the updates and the displays update just fine, so it seem to be specific to a GLOBALSTAT.

For the time being, as a work-around, I changed the "lotr" plugin to have Twilight be a PLAYERSTAT instead of a GLOBALSTAT; now both players actually see the update to the value.  If you can identify/fix the issue with GLOBALSTAT, I'll change Twilight back to be a GLOBALSTAT.   Thanks Trevor!  LackeyCCG is great!

xkirby

Quote from: Bootylactin on July 29, 2011, 03:41:30 PM
Quote from: xkirby on July 29, 2011, 03:23:46 PM
Ahh I see, you're using DRAWCARDTOTABLE, not TRANSFERCARD with <destinationowner>table</destinationowner>.  As long as DRAWCARDTOTABLE allows me to specify faceup or facedown, that should work for me too.  Gonna give that a shot...

Doh, I forgot I was doing that. Nevermind then. XD

Trevor

I noticed this (running the build from a couple days ago 07-26-11) during a game with the "lotr" plugin, which has a GLOBALSTAT for "twilight".

Your opponent does not see the display (on the left side of the screen) of the global stat update when you change it. The changes made to the value are all shown in the message area, but the actual display of the value does not update.  For a PLAYERSTAT (like "burdens" or "threats"), both players are able to see the updates and the displays update just fine, so it seem to be specific to a GLOBALSTAT.
I don't know who made that plugin, but the one listed in the plugin finder doesn't use GLOBALSTAT. Whoever that plugin maker is, they are using the old plugin format, and treating twilight as a player stat instead of a GLOBALSTAT. In order to diagnose if there is an actual bug with lackey, tell me which versions exactly you are testing with.

Trevor

I just posted a new version on July 30. I think it fixes all the bugs mentioned here.

Headlinzman

Hello!

Please forgive me if I'm being newbile, but:

Mac user, OS X 10.5.8

Been out of Magic for about five years, decided to get back into it mostly via Lackey very recently so..

I'm new to the ware and the environment. BUT been enjoying the hell out of online gaming w/it, was doing so when the server punted me off this morning and informed me to update Lackey. So I did. Dragged just the app into the Applications folder as instructed. Try to log back on. Hmmm. Tells me it won't let me on because I need to update Lackey. Well. So I save the decks, delete the whole folder in the Applications folder and completely re install, (this time the large sized plug in, OMG its beautiful) and... I still can't get on the server.

Guess I'm missing something easy, but.... what?

TIA!

--Headlinzman

Quickdood

Hi,  I cant get the new mac version on the website, it seems to still be the old one.  Can't log on to the server due to this.

Tbiesty

Quote from: Trevor on July 30, 2011, 12:26:21 AM

I don't know who made that plugin, but the one listed in the plugin finder doesn't use GLOBALSTAT. Whoever that plugin maker is, they are using the old plugin format, and treating twilight as a player stat instead of a GLOBALSTAT. In order to diagnose if there is an actual bug with lackey, tell me which versions exactly you are testing with.

Correct, I updated the one listed in the plugin finder (which uses the old format) with the work-around I mentioned.  If you manually edit the plugininfo.txt file change Twilight back to a GLOBALSTAT (using the old format), the problem should reproduce itself.

I tried downloading the latest Mac version to see if it was fixed, but the date of LackeyCCG (Mac) is still from July 26th, instead of from today.

Garritt

I have a Mac as well and I updated and it is still telling me I need to update.

bvens1817

Hey I am using the Mac version, and now since the new version came out I cannot connect to the server because it says I dont have the latest version of Lackey, even though I do have the latest mac version.  I am just trying to see how I can solve this problem?  Thanks

Fabio

I'm another mac user, couldn't update lackey like others posting before me.

I've downloaded both the mac and windows updates and the file info claims that, while the windows version was "created today, 5:10am", the newly downloaded mac version was "created Tuesday, July 26, 5:49am". Since I don't download at 5am, I'm pretty sure these times refer to when the files were uploaded to the site.

Edit: Just checked the downloads section of the site -- Mac version hasn't been updated since the 26th.

Clay

I sent Trevor a PM a little while ago. I'm sure he'll fix it soon.