News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Kingdom at War ccg thread

Started by Dragoon, June 11, 2010, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrus

The only problem I have with any of that is the new discard pile mechanics. It just seems too complicated without adding too much to the strategy of the game. Having a face-down pile gives the edge to player's with sharpened memorization skills as well as encouraging taking notes during the game, which I think should be reserved for strategical notes, not writing down a player's discard pile. The Funeral Pyre idea seems cool, but won't it cause too much of a race to play uniques in mirror matches? I feel like once you kill a dude you should be able to play him for your own cause, even if flavor wise it doesn't make 100% sense.

Oh and I also wouldn't change "card" to anything else.
Just my 2 cents though!

Dragoon

@Cyrus
Hmm, yeah, your words hold true. Having a face down discard pile is a bit annoying. Also, I decided to change that cards in funeral pyres don't count their uniqueness. Seperated discard pile remain tough.

NOTE: As a matter of fact, wounds from exerting a character can't be cancelled.

New logo

Also, first card back drafts.

Dragoon

About Design: Part 3
I have updated the number font, say if you like it. (or not, of course)
As said before, battles and the resource system are two of the hardest things to get right, in any game. If you are building a game yourself, those are two of the key points to get right. But I think I finally got them right. I have talked about battle earlier, but I wanted to add some additional things I didn't talk about because it's wasn't finished at the moment.

As you can see, Baldwin Ferag has an skull icon below it's rule text. This indicates that he will add +1 force during a battle if he's in the front line. If such an icon appears on an possession, it adds +1 force if the bearer is in the front line. If you win battle, the defeated player wounds characters equal to the amount of force you have. Each character in the front line gives 1 force. An earlier version used a keyword in the ruletext, but I decided to make an icon of it, making it look better. Btw, the number in the mid bottom is power, more of it later.

An old friend! Rural village popped up in one of the earlier versions of the game and stayed around, as I didn't want to discard it's simple design. Anyway, as stated, the bearer of the village must be your keep. Usually, only characters can bear possessions, unless it's stated on the card. The +1 it gives means that it will give you +1 trade during the supply phase of your turn. During the supply phase, you get 3 trade, plus an amount of trade equal to the amount of coins you have, both coin tokens and coins on cards count. (I.E. If you have 1 coin and Rural Village out, you get an total of 5 trade. Trade doesn't carry over during turns.)

cap.tiny

just posting to let ya know that i am still excited about this game  ;D

Dragoon

@cap.tiny
Glad to hear. Any feedback so far?

cap.tiny

well i try to hold my feedback til i actually play it. It does look good though. This is very inspiring to my game making.

Dragoon

Phew, House Margol was a pain in the ass to design. I seriously wonder how people think they can design 6+ different factions in a card game. Just five is hard unough. But well, the cards are almost done, just a meager 25 :D.

If I recall correctly, there was some lackeyccg plugin creation application. Can somebody give me a link to it? If it's still valid, that is.

Ripplez

if you want play testers, im still up to help play test this game

Dragoon

Nice to hear. Do you know anything about the lackyccg plugin creation application?

Dragoon

Cards done!

Currently working on plugin and way of easy card export :P (I'm lazy)

Also need to update the rulebook.

I think I can mop it up tomorrow.

Cyrus

Easy export from what? Mse? If that's the case, I wish you the most luck in the world. Some very absent minded using of the space bar totally ruined one of my mse files' ability to export :(

I'd be down for a game if our schedules match up, or if someone you teach wants to teach me at a later date, that may be an even better way to make sure your rules make sense and whatnot

Dragoon

Quote from: Cyrus on July 12, 2011, 11:15:54 AM
Easy export from what? Mse? If that's the case, I wish you the most luck in the world. Some very absent minded using of the space bar totally ruined one of my mse files' ability to export :(

I'd be down for a game if our schedules match up, or if someone you teach wants to teach me at a later date, that may be an even better way to make sure your rules make sense and whatnot

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Goddamn spaces, export from mse works now.

Cyrus

Quote from: Dragoon on July 12, 2011, 12:21:08 PM
Quote from: Cyrus on July 12, 2011, 11:15:54 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Goddamn spaces, export from mse works now.

Haha glad to help! It's always the simplest thing that mucks up everything else

Dragoon

@Cyrus
That is a fact.

Anyway, cards are currently uploaded here. Plugin is almost done, so I only need to mock up the rulebook. Looks like I'm going reach the deadline :D

cap.tiny

awesome... wish there was a "like" button like on facebook lol