I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 07-30-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, July 22, 2011, 03:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xkirby

I'm still having trouble with TRANSFERCARD. For some reason, it still draws from Deck to Hand, even when I put the destinationzone to Discard.
Any idea why that is?

EDIT: Probably more helpful if I stated that I renamed the "Discard Pile" to just "Discard". I thought it didn't allow spaces at first.

Tbiesty

I just tried out the version from 07-30-11 and the changing the value of a GLOBALSTAT does not update on opponent's display, although they do see the change recorded in the message area.  Opponents do see the changes to a PLAYERSTAT on their display, so the update problem appears to be specific to a GLOBALSTAT.  (This is the same issue I noticed a few days ago with the previous version).

Trevor

Quote from: xkirby on July 31, 2011, 07:49:08 AM
I'm still having trouble with TRANSFERCARD. For some reason, it still draws from Deck to Hand, even when I put the destinationzone to Discard.
Any idea why that is?

EDIT: Probably more helpful if I stated that I renamed the "Discard Pile" to just "Discard". I thought it didn't allow spaces at first.
Post your entire TRANSFERCARD definition.

Trevor

Quote from: Tbiesty on July 31, 2011, 01:38:54 PM
I just tried out the version from 07-30-11 and the changing the value of a GLOBALSTAT does not update on opponent's display, although they do see the change recorded in the message area.  Opponents do see the changes to a PLAYERSTAT on their display, so the update problem appears to be specific to a GLOBALSTAT.  (This is the same issue I noticed a few days ago with the previous version).
Fixing.

dialectric

Two bugs in 7-30-11 version:

One, when spectators join a table with several players playing, all players' library zones are set to revealed automatically. This problem is new with the last update, apparently.

Two, when a card is dragged from the table to the bottom of the library, occasionally the log will say the card is moved to a position well beyond the size of the library, and the card is permanently gone. For instance, it will say, card moved to position 180 when the library size is 90. Shuffling does not restore the missing card. This bug was also in earlier versions

Thanks again for making Lackey,

- dialectric

Trevor

Quote from: dialectric on July 31, 2011, 03:45:19 PM
Two bugs in 7-30-11 version:

One, when spectators join a table with several players playing, all players' library zones are set to revealed automatically. This problem is new with the last update, apparently.

Two, when a card is dragged from the table to the bottom of the library, occasionally the log will say the card is moved to a position well beyond the size of the library, and the card is permanently gone. For instance, it will say, card moved to position 180 when the library size is 90. Shuffling does not restore the missing card. This bug was also in earlier versions

Thanks again for making Lackey,

- dialectric
I looked into both of those and I wasn't able to reproduce the first bug. Please be specific. How many is "several" and does it happen all the time? Does it happen with just 2 people and 1 spectator? Is it a proxy game? Is everyone using the same version of the plugin? No one gets warnings that they have a different plugin version?

I found and fixed the 2nd bug.

Sydnelson

This error occours here too.

When a spectator enter in game with several players playing and he seat in a position all cards from crypt zone are set to revealed.

Some players said that depending of card position on table, cards with alternate card back don't apear correctly when press SHIFT button, if that player move this card to othe rposition in table all works ok.

Another bug related to spectator. If a spectator join the game and seat in a any position when he put cards on table that have alternate back SHIFT button don't show the card to it player.

- Sydnelson

xkirby

Here ya go Trevor, I actually have 3:

<plugin>
<globalstat>
<label>The Pot</label>
<initialvalue>0</initialvalue>
</globalstat>

<playerstat>
<label>Money</label>
<initialvalue>5000</initialvalue>
</playerstat>

<deckzone>
<label>Deck</label>
<shuffle>yes</shuffle>
</deckzone>

<gamezone>
<label>Hand</label>
<visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
<visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
<label>Deck</label>
<visibletoowner>no</visibletoowner>
<visibletoothers>no</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<gamezone>
<label>Discard</label>
<visibletoowner>yes</visibletoowner>
<visibletoothers>yes</visibletoothers>
</gamezone>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw from Your Deck</label>
<kind>DRAWCARD</kind>
<includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Discard from Your Deck</label>
<kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
<sourcegamezone>Deck</sourcegamezone>
<destinationgamezone>Discard</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw to Table</label>
<kind>DRAWCARDTOTABLE</kind>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Draw from Main Deck</label>
<sourceowner>0</sourceowner>
<destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
<destinationgamezone>Hand</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

<generalfunction>
<label>Discard from Main Deck</label>
<sourceowner>0</sourceowner>
<destinationowner>0</destinationowner>
<destinationgamezone>Discard</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

<cardfunction>
<label>Flip Card</label>
<kind>TURNOVER</kind>
</cardfunction>
</plugin>

EDIT: Reposted the whole thing, after fixing it.

Trevor

xkirby,

When posting parts of your plugininfo, I need to see the whole thing because other parts are self referential.

The cause of your error is this:
<destinationowner> should be <destinationgamezone>
<sourcezone> should be <sourcegamezone>
and so forth. There are deck zones and gamezones, and you need to use the full term to distinguish them.

dialectric

More info on the error:

Yes, using proxy server. Reveals every time someone joins as a spectator, tested with 2 players, 3 and 4, all with 4 seats total. no note of revealing is made in the log, and players' hidden/shown tabs don't change. No plugin mismatch messages showed up with any of the games.

To recreate, suggest acting as host of the table, use proxy server, make 4 seats, play a 1v1 game, have someone join as spectator. Your library will reveal to you whenever this happens.

- dialectric

Trevor

Quote from: dialectric on August 01, 2011, 01:16:27 PM
More info on the error:

Yes, using proxy server. Reveals every time someone joins as a spectator, tested with 2 players, 3 and 4, all with 4 seats total. no note of revealing is made in the log, and players' hidden/shown tabs don't change. No plugin mismatch messages showed up with any of the games.

To recreate, suggest acting as host of the table, use proxy server, make 4 seats, play a 1v1 game, have someone join as spectator. Your library will reveal to you whenever this happens.

- dialectric
I still can't reproduce this. Can you email me a screenshot?

Dr. Zaj

I was playing THD with my friends and it wouldn't let my opponents see their hands unless it's revealed to all players.

Dr. Zaj

It actually wouldn't let us see ANY zone unless it's revealed to all players.

Trevor

I'm completely redoing the revealed stuff now, so just bear with me until its all done. Any reports you make now regarding things being revealed will soon be obsolete. THat's what I'm working on now, and I hope to be done in a few days.

xkirby

Quote from: Trevor on August 01, 2011, 01:06:14 PM
xkirby,

When posting parts of your plugininfo, I need to see the whole thing because other parts are self referential.

The cause of your error is this:
<destinationowner> should be <destinationgamezone>
<sourcezone> should be <sourcegamezone>
and so forth. There are deck zones and gamezones, and you need to use the full term to distinguish them.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll update the previous post and fix the plugin now. :)

EDIT: You should fix your guide up a bit, whenever you get the chance. It says "destinationzone" instead of "destinationgamezone". That's why I typed it in wrong.