News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

I hate to even ask: Spellfire?

Started by didgjedi, January 04, 2010, 05:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didgjedi

Spellfire by TSR...anyone seen a plugin for this (mediocre) game?

I remember coming across a lackey plugin for it sometime ago, but it seems it's nowhere to be found these days.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TheBuck

didgjedi

Well, being that I have all the images maybe I'll give it a go and create the plug in myself.

Would love to play a few hands for old times sake.

didgjedi

This may take awhile.

In the meantime if anyone wants to play Spellfire(slim chance) you can still do so via Crossfire, an excellent way to play.

aardvark

I'm willing to play anything a few times before laying the smack down judgement. In fact if you want help with making the plugin let me know. It'll be good practice for (possible) future project(s) I have in mind.

I have a number of the scans already if you need images. (The ones that Crossfire links to are a bit small unless you use them for low *shrug*)

Fian

I have this one mostly done, just got no where to put it given the hundreds of images involved. All my scans are from the crossfire place and are tiny, I don't have a scanner myself so I don't have a back image or the facility to get bigger images. The compressed file is 44 mb, 55 mb uncompressed if anyone wants it to test or host.

aardvark

I wouldn't mind. Just post a link so that people can check it out anyways. There's no telling how much one might like a game until they test it out.

Fian

Okay checked where some of the other ones are hosted, so here it is as a rar file.

http://www.2shared.com/file/10727448/afc3c60/spellfire.html

Disclaimers next.

• The images are the ones from Crossfire and are therfore small. This can only be classed as a low quality set.
  • It's my first attempt at a plugin.
  • The rulebook is in RTF, it's from the Crossfire site and has a load of stuff about tournament play in it that you probably don't need.
  • There are images missing, primarily 2nd and 4th edition sets. Though I have included them in the card list.
  • I have not included the online boosters.
  • I have included 4 sample decks (they are old ones of mine I had lying around so are based on my own collection rather than what may have been better if i'd had the cards)

I think that covers all my own reservations about it. I'm willing to work with people to make it all better if it's well enough liked. I just wish I had a scanner as I do have a fair amount of cards.

Howl

umm i used to have cards to this awhile ago .. like in 6th grade then i found magic .. i always pondered on how this game was played.. it has always held my interest since i first discovered it.  but tell me .. what exactly is the story to it.. it fealt kinda like a D&d and forgotten realms and whatnot Morphed into a game... like old skool rpg based

Fian

The premise behind the game is build your own empire and stop everyone else from building thiers by razing thier realms to the ground.

You build an empire of 6 realms to win. You defend them with your own heroes, (Fighters, clerics, mages etc) and you use the same pool of heroes to attack and raze the others realms.

Each combat in an attack is hero vs hero with the strongest hero winning with the addition of thier natural talents, magic gear, allies and spells etc. If a hero gets through unopposed the realm the group is attacking is razed (flipped) and can't be counted towards the empire until it is either replaced or rebuilt.

It can be quite a fun game, it's just a pity we don't have bigger cards, though I have found in the past that just about every deck can be countered.

Howl

ounds cool... ill see if ill be able to find larger images.

jaywalker17

I love Spellfire...Still have boxes and boxes of cards around. Going to give this a try

didgjedi

Fian,

Looks good to me.  Can't wait to give this a try.

The images are fine by me.  As long as you have the text field checked the card data is easily read.