News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Pool Crashing

Started by rhizka, August 14, 2012, 11:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhizka

I am on a 2012 MacBook Pro, running OSX 10.7.4, and I have the most recent version of LackeyCCG.

I'm trying to use Lackey's Card Pool feature to catalogue my real life collection but when I get past 1725 cards it crashes. I've tried this multiple times adding one card once I got near that mark and I consistently get to 1725, but once I add one more card it crashes.

and for what it might matter I have been using the text to paste method, where I use textedit to write "2 fireball" etc. and then copy to clipboard and then use the paste button to put it into lackey.

Trevor

How many total cards are listed immediately before the crash, and how many different cards are there?

rhizka

It is always the 1726th card that makes it crash. I tested this several times.
There would appear to be 1105 different cards.

It will support as many as 1725 cards. 1726 results in a crash.
It will support as many as 1002 different cards, the next one I add (as mentioned in the line above) will make it crash.

I have a complete textedit file of the collection if you for some reason would need it.

It might also be worth noting that it seems to crash not only when I use the Paste button but I opened up the cardpool I currently have that works (at 1600ish cards) and when I add more cards to that pool using the "add packs" feature it still crashes. At first I added 100 basic lands and it got to about 1760 cards and it didn't crash but then I added 10 packs and that's when it crashed.

Trevor

PLease send me the file that causes the crash.

rhizka

Attached is the rich text version of the cardpool which (if you open it) you will see a section that is denoted as not having actually been added to the cardpool yet, I just use this as a source to copy the text from, the only file that is ever actually opened/recognized by Lackey is the second file "MyCollection.dek".

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

rhizka

Any luck figuring out a solution yet? (If you've even had time to work on it, I suppose) :]

Trevor

Haven't gotten around to testing this yet.

rhizka

Alright, well thanks for the update! :)

Trevor

I'm not sure what caused this, but it crashes the old lackey, and it doesn't crash the new lackey I haven't released.

rhizka

Hmm, odd. In that case, I guess, is there any idea on when the new version will be released or is it classified? :]