I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 08-12-11. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, August 11, 2011, 11:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I just posted a new version.

Some new things are:

You can now whisper people in a game. The syntax is /whisper N M where N is the seat of the person you are whispering, and M is the message. You can also use /tell or /w or /t, it's all the same.

Plugin makers can now define something that will notify people if there is a new version of their plugin. Check out http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html#autopluginchecking

There is now a preference to check for new versions of the plugin or not on launch.

There is now a preference to remember if permanent card text boxes are visible.

Certain items in pulldown menus are now sorted alphabetically.

Post bugs you find in this thread.

Metamorphosis

Hello,
I just updated the lackey, but I don't know why there's a problem launching the lackey after updating.
It says something like this:"The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction."
What can I do?

Trevor

Quote from: Metamorphosis on August 12, 2011, 12:06:46 AM
Hello,
I just updated the lackey, but I don't know why there's a problem launching the lackey after updating.
It says something like this:"The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction."
What can I do?
That's odd. Google that and see if you can pinpoint the problem.

innuendo

So if the version list is doing this for us, am I correct that we can almost omit checksums now?

They seem to be redundant, outside of limiting what redownloads? But really what's the difference if a few text files redownload when you update?

Am i correct that if lackey reads the version.txt hosted and it's got a new date than it will then go and get all the files, or does it then just go and read the update list and check it's checksums for what's changed?

Trevor

Quote from: innuendo on August 12, 2011, 12:39:27 PM
So if the version list is doing this for us, am I correct that we can almost omit checksums now?

They seem to be redundant, outside of limiting what redownloads? But really what's the difference if a few text files redownload when you update?

Am i correct that if lackey reads the version.txt hosted and it's got a new date than it will then go and get all the files, or does it then just go and read the update list and check it's checksums for what's changed?
Without checksums, you will still download everything, every time. All version.txt does is tell people when they should run autoupdate, essentially.

DrQwerty

I have a serious problem whit this ver. if this stay idle so much time because this will consume about 1 GB of ram <.<

See:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on August 15, 2011, 08:49:49 PM
I have a serious problem whit this ver. if this stay idle so much time because this will consume about 1 GB of ram <.<

See:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks
Thanks. I'll look into this. Does this happen when you just leave it idle? Does it happen when Lackey is online? Does it happen when you load a bunch of card images?

DrQwerty

I think is when I load a bunch of cards and after activate the "Superior imagen cuality" option.

P.S. When I am making decks this consume about 300 to 600 mb, maybe are just the image files.

leonleoks

I have a problem, After i got the 08-12-11 every time i connect, it only lasts 10 minutes, than it drops...
Anyone can help?

DrQwerty

Quote from: DrQwerty on August 17, 2011, 06:11:55 PM
I think is when I load a bunch of cards and after activate the "Superior imagen cuality" option.

P.S. When I am making decks this consume about 300 to 600 mb, maybe are just the image files.

Ignore the prev comment because is not the "superior imagen cuality" option, is just for load a bunch of cards <.< (900 MB in this moment)

Maybe you need add a system for clean the imagen cache or something (just a button will be nice).

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on August 17, 2011, 09:06:24 PM
Quote from: DrQwerty on August 17, 2011, 06:11:55 PM

Ignore the prev comment because is not the "superior imagen cuality" option, is just for load a bunch of cards <.< (900 MB in this moment)

Maybe you need add a system for clean the imagen cache or something (just a button will be nice).
You should be able to set how many images Lackey stores in memory at a time in the preferences. See if that helps.

DrQwerty

Yep, this help a loot.
Dunno why, but this was at 1000 (maybe I just forget this). <.<

Thanks

Nava

I don't know if its the 08-12-11 or next to last one release but somehow the pack functionality seems to be broken. When selecting cards for a pack Lackeyccg does not honor special selection crterions in the <crit> field. E.g. I have a field Release and tell Lackey to select 15 Commons from a Release called "DS9" I would expect 

<kind>
<qty>15</qty>
<crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit>
<crit><field>Release</field><eval>IS</eval><data>DS9</data></crit>
</kind>

to draw me that 15 C rarity cards from the release DS9 - but the result is that it honors the Rarity but not the Release

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on August 18, 2011, 04:03:25 PM
I don't know if its the 08-12-11 or next to last one release but somehow the pack functionality seems to be broken. When selecting cards for a pack Lackeyccg does not honor special selection crterions in the <crit> field. E.g. I have a field Release and tell Lackey to select 15 Commons from a Release called "DS9" I would expect 

<kind>
<qty>15</qty>
<crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit>
<crit><field>Release</field><eval>IS</eval><data>DS9</data></crit>
</kind>

to draw me that 15 C rarity cards from the release DS9 - but the result is that it honors the Rarity but not the Release
I just fixed this.

Trevor