News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

AGOT

Started by chriscone, November 26, 2009, 01:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscone

does anyone have an update for this one? or possibly know a site with a spoiler that has card images?

Sheepdog

I second that - does anyone have a plugin for the AGOT LCG - current plugin is heavily outdated.

If anyone has some time on their hands i do have scans for the core set, kings of the sea and first two Chapter Pack cycles, but i'm awfully busy right now so i cant put it all together,

aardvark

if you put it up somewhere, then I or someone else can take a look at it.
I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Sheepdog

Madmartigan

Hi,

I discovered Lackey about a month ago and I'm now trying to create an AGOT "LCG only" plugin from scratch (that image link might come in handy real soon, thank you Sheepdog). If someone is currently working on any kind of AGOT plugin, I would appreciate to share infos with him/her on this subject so we might cooperate. Please PM me so I can give you my messenger e-mail. :)

Related to this subject, I have a certain number of technical questions.

*I was thinking of including a "recycle used plot" function in the pluginfo.txt to send back the content of the "used plot" zone into the "plot" superzone. It raises two problems :
1/ What is the ordinal zone number of a superzone ? Does it even exist for lackey ?
2/Is there any way to use the transfer card function to move all cards in a zone rather than one after another ? Would there be any possibility to use another function to accomplish that ?
That's not a very useful function but it might help speed up the game (and no : I don't think keeping the used plot on the table would be a viable option).

*Much more important : is there any way to use the "spawn card" function to spawn several type of cards ? Because the most sensitive way to signal the order of play and titles in a multi-player game would definitely require a lot of those (all core set titles + king of the sea titles + any number of initiative markers). An alternative is to create a "titles" superzone (I'm currently using that solution) but that does not solve the problem of the order of play.

aardvark

I tried but then RL came and gave me a swift kick in the arse and that was that. I had to put it on hold. If you're going to be making one, however, I'll offer whatever assistance I can. I would like to see this LCG come to life on Lackey.

Madmartigan

aardvark => e-mail sent to your PM box. :)

Okay now, AGOT plugin is almost ready for launch.

Why almost ?

1/ Need to tweak a few minor details and do at least one quick game for playtest.

2/ Strangely enough, a few automated chat lines belonging to VTES ("press", "superior", etc) and not included in the "defaultchat.txt" file are available to use during play. While not really a problem this is annoying. It might be related to that "ISYOURFACEDOWNVISIBLE" line that I kept from the VTES plugin so that people would be allowed to take a peek at the Shadow Cards whenever they wanted. I will try to send a message to the guy taking care of the VTES plugin later and see if he has the answer.

3/ Most importantly, there's a big evil bug hiding under my closet : must have messed up something, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what. Not a single card appears in the deck editor, which is kind of a bummer, especially for a card game...  ;D

Now I checked everything I could and still have no clue.

My files are where they should be, I used names without spaces for all different sets such as "AClashofArms" or "CoreSet", the names in my setinfo.txt are correct, both for the sets and names of the images (those goes like "001" "002" "003"... I took care of not using ".jpg" in the names provided to the setinfo).

My setlist.txt is pretty simple :
"1
setinfo.txt

0"

The only two things I might imagine to be a cause for concern would be :
- Having 26 columns for card info (including Name, Set and ImageFile), although I thought I read somewhere that 30 columns max was allowed.
-Not having info in each column for each card in the setinfo.txt... although I checked out other plugins such as Stargate and they don't seem to have a problem with that.

Any suggestions ?

aardvark

If you upload it maybe I ken take a peek.

Madmartigan

Thanks aardvark, here is the link for the broken plugin :

http://rapidshare.com/files/353938434/agotlcg.rar.html

lucsampaio

then, 3 years later, someone finds this and tries to get the XML version of the plugin running.

I'm not yet done, but I'm almost finished (at least with the cards already on the old plugin)... gonna try to wrap this up next week and put it here so anyone willing to help me test it out can do so

lucsampaio

okay, so it's finally usable (though it's bound to change from playtesting and whatnot)

Changes that still need to be made:
- correct image sizes to both low and high rez
- censor the newest cardsets so that FFG won't keep me from maintaining the plugin (akin to what is done in octgn)
- create updatelist file

Yet to find bugs in this first version, since I did not have enough time to playtest it. If anyone wants to help, the A Game of Thrones LCG plugin for Lackey CCG can be found - for now - in:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0p8ctpytdmvqc6r/kPmTb9fe_s

atp15

This doesn't work. None of the images downloaded.

jomungand

i'm also desperatly searching for a AGOT plugin