News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Re: Homemade Plugin Will not load

Started by TheCrispyBit, January 05, 2014, 12:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCrispyBit

Hi,

I've been trying to make a plugin for a home designed cardgame, I have been following the intructions and all the tutorials. But I cannot load my plugin (it just comes up with a message saying "please wait loading plugin" and never loads.)

I am pretty sure I have all the correct elements in it, but I may have screwed up. Does anyone have a clue what might cause this. thanks

Trevor

95% of the time a plugin won't load is because people don't have a "cardback.jpg" file in the right place.

Since all you need in your plugininfo.txt file is
Quote<plugin></plugin>
, you can remove parts of the plugin until it starts working. Or you can start with <plugin></plugin> and add things until it stops working. And then you can see where the problem is.

Or you can post your plugininfo.txt file.

TheCrispyBit

Thanks,

I have tried the cardback file in both the general folder in setimages, and outside in the main folder, No joy. I shall have a look at the plugins file, and if I can't get it working I shall post it up.

Chars.

TheCrispyBit

Nope tried removing everything except <plugin></plugin> and it still doesn't work. I am 99% certain that my cardback.jpg is in the right place. Any other help would be most appreciated.

Trevor

Post the zipped plugin folder?

Also make sure you aren't hiding suffixes with your OS. For example, some folks have a file named plugininfo.txt.txt because they hide the actual suffix and don't realize it.

TheCrispyBit

That seems to have worked thanks for your patience and thanks for such a handy little program.

Chars