News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Dark Journeys

Started by Dragoon, November 15, 2009, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: aardvark on January 12, 2010, 12:02:17 AM
Dl'd the manual. It's a bit messy donchaknow? I'm not sure but it seems like there's some part missing as well.

Example:

Draw strating hand
Then, each player draws up to seven cards. This is your starting hand.

encounter he uses to defend instead. If he doesn't, he may choose a support he uses to defend himself.

I got the impression that there's supposed to be more until I realized that it's continuing from the Phase 4: Combat, up another page and on the right.

Please fix this. One of the things that can hurt a game is a bad rulebook, at least until someone cleans it up a lot and streamlines it, making it a lot clearer. (I'm looking at you StarCraft Board Game  :-\)

EDIT:

I almost forgot. XP
I agree, [Trap] sounds better than [Conceal]. Now, if you plan on making a similar card that attaches to a character I would go with [Conceal] in that case.

Also, Beatdown. Maybe the character is unable to attack on the next turn. Either that or make it more expensive like you said.

Also, wtf! The first player gets to determine who the player is in a tie?
Maybe I'm just confuzzled but why? Why not have a secondary comparison like ok, both have the 15pts of valor who has the most power or the most cards left in their deck, etc.

wrong topic lad? Well, thanks for help anyway, am updating it..

Quote from: aardvark on January 11, 2010, 11:46:04 PM
Downloading as we speak.

Now, am I blind or is the plugin not around? Are you gonna tweak it s'more before release or you just like keeping us in the dark.

No plugin yet, I want the rules to be correct before I will upload it, I don't have time to solve all rules issue stuff..

Tokimo

You know you could upload, people could play it, give feedback on rules and card balance, and then you could tweak it?

Dragoon

Quote from: Tokimo on January 12, 2010, 07:27:08 AM
You know you could upload, people could play it, give feedback on rules and card balance, and then you could tweak it?

Meh, you're right...

Unizip it, and paste it in the plugin folder. Also contains rulebook 1.1

EDIT: forget to add this rule:
" If a card instructs you to exert it, put one damage counter on it. You can't exert encounters with one life or less."

aardvark

Right off the back the rulebook is a great improvement. Thanks a lot!

The cards are all well done, the text is legible. Right now I'm just waiting on 2 things:
1) card back illustrations, if yer having 'em that is
2) a showdown with ya' rawr!

Dragoon

Sorry for having slow updates, but now I have lot's of them  ;D
- Update Rulebook
- A cardback

- Moar cards!

I also have been working on a site, http://darkjourneys.webs.com/ please give it a visit

Anyway, if somebody has good card ideas, you can post them. I will look if I can implent them in the game.

Tokimo

Both the link on this page and the link on your blog are broken. Also, is there a plugin with the new cards?

Dragoon

Quote from: Tokimo on January 23, 2010, 08:39:05 AM
Both the link on this page and the link on your blog are broken. Also, is there a plugin with the new cards?
Oh crap..

Rulebook fix link
http://www.darkjourneys.webs.com/plugin/Rule Changes 1.2.doc

Site link works for me..

Just update the plugin (run the update.) for the new cards. Copy this link to the updatebar http://darkjourneys.webs.com/plugin/updatelist.txt

Hawkeye

1. The first rulebook and plug-in I can't access because I don't have anything to open RAR files!

2. Went to update rulebook and it says 'Page not found'.

3. Anyway to add rulebook to be veiw from your website?

Dragoon

Rulebook on the site: http://darkjourneys.webs.com/rulebook.htm

Doesn't contain images yet..

aardvark

The extra 'l' makes the link go deaded. In case anyone was wondering.

Dragoon

Quote from: aardvark on January 27, 2010, 08:03:13 PM
The extra 'l' makes the link go deaded. In case anyone was wondering.

Damn, annoying non-html stuff...

In case anyone is wondering, I'm still working on updates and other stuff. Be expecting an update soon!

aardvark

Good stuff, can't wait to give it a try.

Dragoon

Some Changes listed here  :D

The bottom icon makes it a weapon type card. Nothing more, nothing less. Use it as a quick reference.

More cosmetics for adventurer cards :P

The bottom line icons indicates the number of certain item types the adventurer may carry. (two weapons)

More flipping stuff!

Basilisk

The cards look really good - great job!