News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Another odd idea...

Started by netfirecat, January 21, 2010, 01:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netfirecat

Card games such as uno, abuse(Weird but fun), rook, phase 10, and a regular deck of cards, all of which are cards-only, can they be used on Lackey? I know it'd be a lil weird to do it on here, but i think they can. Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Fian

Someone mentioned this elsewhere, I've not tried it yet but the idea is that only one player loads the deck and has to deal out all the cards throughout the game. The players can then pull the dealt cards from the table into thier own hand.

Tokimo

It's actually a bit simpler than that. One player loads the deck, all players can just draw from the deck directly (the arrows next to the portrait on the right top will help you view other player's libraries etc). A classic cardgame plugin would work quite easily (and have it come with two preloaded deck, one with and one without the jokers). I could slap together a plugin for this if someone would be interested in getting the images together.

Edit: Additionally each player could load a 'deck' of poker chips that would just be brightly colored cards. To bet you could play the cards to the table, and the winner then could move the chips from the table to their hand.

netfirecat

umm idk how to write pluggins, i'll scan and send them to whoever wants to write the pluggin.

Tokimo

I'm willing to write 52-card deck the plugin if someone wants to do the hard part (the images). I'm not particularly inclined to do the same for other fixed deck games.

aardvark

Ooh, playing cards! I'd like to see this.

OnyxVerde

On a simliar note, has anyone considered playing Munchkin?? in any of its myriad forms...

netfirecat

I've heard a lot about munchkin, but never played it...

aardvark

I almost bought a couple of days ago, but, like the man said, I never played it. I only buy games without knowing if they're good or not if they're on the cheap. I have, however, heard good things 'bout it; zwhat made me consider getting it in the first place.

Fian

I have almost all of the munchkin games and would highly recomend them to anyone with a sense of humour who has ever done some form of Roleplaying or is a scifi fantasy fan etc.

netfirecat

Fian, could you write the pluggin for it?

Fian

I can certainly give it a shot, my main issue though is that I don't have a scanner so I have no way of getting the images.

Fian

Quote from: Tokimo on January 21, 2010, 06:22:27 AM
It's actually a bit simpler than that. One player loads the deck, all players can just draw from the deck directly (the arrows next to the portrait on the right top will help you view other player's libraries etc).

Okay i'm giving this a shot because I like fiddling with these kind of things. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a card into the bot's hand when i'm trying this. I have the deck loaded, change to the bot, and select the deck on the right hand side from the loaded player.

I can't seem to find a way of moving the cards from the deck to hand. (or from the table to hand)

Help?

Tokimo

Oh... I'm wrong. I just tried this and you can't steal another players cards... X_X

There is no way to play 52-card games. Alas!

legend zero

But you could have a DEALER of sorts. Have one player put the cards on the table and another pick them up and put them into their hand. Only thing needed would be a face-down draw command.