News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic Plugin

Started by jaiphen95, July 14, 2013, 10:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaiphen95

Hey, I just updated and I'm pretty sure everyone uses this plugin for MtG, right?: http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/high/updatelist.txt

I've always used this, but as of right now, shortly after updating and trying to get my cards up and running, I get:
Error!!: can't find local updatelist.txt

Any help appreciated, I just wanna play some card games.  Thanks!
~amanda

Trevor

That sounds like the plugin's website had some likely temporary network problem. I don't think that's a bug with lackey, though I suppose the error message could be more clear. Try relaunching Lackey and updating again and maybe the site is working normally now.

Let me know if you still have trouble now.

taesdaes

Just curious is it up to date except for Theros which aint released yet?

pickleishopeless

Leeoku

when do u thikn theros will be out? Regardless of how popular other programs are, i love the deck editor and the searchability of lackey and want to stay on it. (Hopefully i can learn drafting next on lackey)

AuraDragon

I think the Theros set will be released at some point after it's put on to Gatherer.  It's just plain easier to use a program to extract all the cards from Gatherer than it is to do it all by hand.  ::)  Also some guy is making high quality scans for M14 on Slightly Magic, so eventually those'll be available.  :D

Johnny Blaze

BORT is the guy on our Magic plugin. the High Scans for M14 are already on Lackey, and Theros should be up next week, Bort usually doesnt post till the set releases, prelease is this week, set releases the 27th

AuraDragon

The high quality scans for M14 are already up?  Then why do I always end up with images of this quality: IMAGE   :'( 

Bort

Quote from: Snoogy on September 17, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
The high quality scans for M14 are already up?  Then why do I always end up with images of this quality: IMAGE   :'(
I get the high scans from http://magiccards.info/m14/en.html and as far as I can tell, they don't have M14 at high quality yet.

Theros should be added in a few hours. A day at most.

AuraDragon

They don't have M14 because they haven't been scanned yet, woogerboy21 appears to be doing that right now: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9271&sid=9e6c2af9faf84d0515526fc65a72e766&start=45

I'm excited for the addition of the Theros set!  You're almost too dedicated, Bort!   8)

EDIT:  Hey, Bort, do you think you could add the "community rating" value to the cards from Gatherer?  So non-veteran players (like me ;D ) can have a rough estimate how good a card is.

EDIT2:  The Magic plugin keeps trying to download a new cardback but the one it downloads doesn't match the checksum.

Bort

Quote from: Snoogy on September 17, 2013, 07:05:25 PM
They don't have M14 because they haven't been scanned yet, woogerboy21 appears to be doing that right now: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9271&sid=9e6c2af9faf84d0515526fc65a72e766&start=45

I'm excited for the addition of the Theros set!  You're almost too dedicated, Bort!   8)

EDIT:  Hey, Bort, do you think you could add the "community rating" value to the cards from Gatherer?  So non-veteran players (like me ;D ) can have a rough estimate how good a card is.

EDIT2:  The Magic plugin keeps trying to download a new cardback but the one it downloads doesn't match the checksum.
http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2183.0

I would like to add a price value for each of the cards, and possibly the "community rating", but I don't have a good reliable source for that info. or at least, I don't have one that I could use in a managable way. If you want to make another column for those in the card data file and fill it, I can add it to the plugin. the problem with those stats is they constantly change, and I don't have the time to constantly update them. I think it might be worse to include outdated info than no info, but thats just my 2?.

The cardback should work now.

Chris

Hi Bort,

I've got better quality images for both the M14 and Theros sets. They are not the same quality as the HR scans but they are a lot sharper than the ones that are in the Lackey plugin right now.
If you are interested in using them for the plugin you can download them here.
The images in the archive follow the same naming convention as the ones in the plugin.

Example of the image quality:

Current imageBetter image

Bort

chris, you are the man.

those are now uploaded, but since they aren't the final versions (which I think are coming out soon for m14 at least), people need to MANUALLY delete their plugins/magic/sets/setimages/m14/ and plugins/magic/sets/setimages/theros/ folders to get the bump in image quality you provided.

when the final high res scans are out, you dont need to manually delete anything, but with an incremental improvement like this, you need to delete the images you already got to get the better ones.

AuraDragon

Well the only way a community rating would be accurate would be to have it always updated, but that's unfeasible because the plugin has to be manually updated, so it doesn't really need to be accurate now does it?

Also what about adding them Duel Decks and other reprint sets that include pretty new art - and additional land arts from the expansion sets - or would that be too time consuming for little return?